New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hi guys... i currently have a 100K to spare and is thinkin about buying a used car.. im leaning towards a modified Nissan Sentra B13 or a stock, mediocre itlog, the 1994 Mitsubishi Lancer . Mods on the sentra include the basic front and rear bumbers,fog lamps, side skirt, 15'' rims, but the downside is that it needs engine and aircon repairs. Lancer is stock, and judging from the looks of it, will need a minor paint job and some engine repairs too.

i know a 100K wont get me either of the cars mentioned that's in excellent condish... but still, im hoping to get the best deal out of this 100K since i wont be using the car on a daily basis anyway...

more power to everyone and your respective rides... hehe

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ipang-down mo na lang sa kia picanto or getz, di ka mamomroblema sa pagpapagawa at pagpapa-enhance. i really dont see any logic spending hard-earned cash sa old car long forgotten.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    a good condition kia pride nalang, para iwas sakit ulo.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    haha.. i've only been working for 7 months and i think im not quite ready to have a responsibility of paying for a car for the next 2 or more years.. i dont dont care if its a long forgotten ride, as LONG as it can take me where i wanna go... hehehe

thanks for your opinion though.. a brand new ride slipped my mind for a sec.. but.. nah...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hmm.... the question is meron ka pa ba budget for repairs and maintenance? second hand rides are more susceptible to repairs since most parts would be worn out already...

kung pang-dodown mo ng sasakyan eh kaya mo ba i-shoulder ang monthly installment???

magastos ang may sasakyan.... pag-isipan mabuti dahil sigurado magbabago rin ang gastos mo pag magmemaintain ka na ng sasakyan (especially kung first ride mo) if by all means yes, then weight your options, know the purpose of your ride, baka kasi kailangan mo magkarga ng mabibigat eh tapos kotse ang kukunin mo... better siguro kung pick up di ba? pero kung ako sa yo... ipon ka pa ng konti at maghintay....

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    tama sila. Pag isipan mo muna 7months sa work medyo hindi ka a stable dun.

Magastos ang may kotse lalo na 2nd hamd at medyo may kalumaan na yung mabibili mo.

For 3-6months puro palabas yan. Dun na lalabas ang lahat nang sakit nang sasakyan.

Baka everymonth nasa talyer ka kasi nangyari na din sa akin yun. Nagbago ang lahat gastusin ko dahil sa kotse.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i have the money, i just dont think id be all too willing to spend most of them on a vehicle. i just need a decent ride. it doesnt have to be a head turner, but it certainly doesnt have to be a pain in the head... nuthin too fancy.. come to think of it, (on the average) how much is good Sentra B13 that wont need any major repairs for the next couple of years? can i get a decent one with 100K?

thanks again...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    With the budget I may also suggest an early 90's corolla.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by wickednasty View Post
    i have the money, i just dont think id be all too willing to spend most of them on a vehicle. i just need a decent ride. it doesnt have to be a head turner, but it certainly doesnt have to be a pain in the head... nuthin too fancy.. come to think of it, (on the average) how much is good Sentra B13 that wont need any major repairs for the next couple of years? can i get a decent one with 100K?

thanks again...
    well i think a decent one would be around 130-140 k.... the thing is hindi mo kasi masasabi kung ano ang gagastusin mo at kung magkano magagastos mo. you might encounter some problems a day after, a week, a month, hindi mo malalaman at hindi mo rin masasabi kung magkano gagastusin mo. it might be carb prob. transmission, engine, etc... swerte mo kung minor repairs lang but with your budget... expect mo medyo dilapidated na yun sasakyan (unless max out mo yun 100 k without budget for repairs) isipin mo pa rin ang gas nyan (ouch) hehehe!

bro, experience ko na yan and bago lang din ako nagwowork so medyo tight ang budget....

pero kung ako ikaw at decided talaga na kumuha ng sasakyan... i'd probably get a kia pride or a volkswagen beetle and save the rest for repairs and mods.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    pre mahirap nga yan...
    nadale na rin ako ng 2nd hand e.
    i bought a 97 lancer for the price of 120k...
    in the 1st 4 months andami ko na ipina-repair sa kanya...
    hanggang ngayon marami pa rin sumusulpot problema...
    magastos talaga may sasakyan....
    para kang nagdagdag ng isa pa pamilya...heheh!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
100K budget ride