New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i'd go with the second alternative too, especially if you have multiple drivers in the family.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I'd keep the CRV... Get yourself a two or three year old entry level luxo car... It will cost about the same as the three cars your considering...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Rediesel
    Dilemna,

Buy 1 luxo car/suv (Lexus RX350, Infiniti FX35, Volvo XC90, 2007Acura RDX/MDX ,--- will wait to be release) and buy a 2nd hand el cheapo back up car (probably costing $2500 or less)

or

Maintain present ride (2004 CRV) and buy 1 new sedan (2007 v6 Camry, 2006 Accord or 2006 Passat 2.0 FSi Turbo) <--- both will be relatively new.

what would you suggest guys, opinions commentary welcome.
    get a used luxury car (at least a two or three year old car) to avoid being hit with a high depreciation. then get a commuter car.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Dilemna,

Buy 1 luxo car/suv (Lexus RX350, Infiniti FX35, Volvo XC90, 2007Acura RDX/MDX ,--- will wait to be release) and buy a 2nd hand el cheapo back up car (probably costing $2500 or less)

or

Maintain present ride (2004 CRV) and buy 1 new sedan (2007 v6 Camry, 2006 Accord or 2006 Passat 2.0 FSi Turbo) <--- both will be relatively new.

what would you suggest guys, opinions commentary welcome.
    naks, problemado na sa pagbili/pili ng ride! musta na?

sedan naman, may crv ka na eh.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll go with this.

Though I'll go with a slightly used (1-2 year) luxo car/suv to offset the initial depreciation of brand new vehicles. I am sure that they also offer over there CPO (certified pre-owned) vehicles.

That way, I can have a bit more money for your beater car.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Trade in mo ang CRV then get a new minivan, very, very comfortable on long trips just like Jun aka Pekto said with so much room you can imagine. Did you know that minivans rides like a sedan? then get a new Accord or Camry or the VW. Not recommended ang Luxury and El cheapo car as both cars are going to be expensive to maintain, one will be using premium gas and the other one will always be in garage for maintenance, also if you get a luxury and the El cheapo car, who's going to drive the cheap car? your wife? siyempre di siya papayag. You'll just end up driving the cheap one.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Can you still finance an RDX or FX35 and keep the CRV? It'd be a shame to give it up, as it's comfortable enough, and does excellent commuter duty.

But looking at the looks of the FX35, I'd be tempted, too... , have heard that it's too stiff, though, for family duty.

I'd say, keep the CR-V, and treat yourself to a nice sporty sedan for personal use, like a V6 Accord, Sonata or Mazda6.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    get the Toyota Camry V6 3.0L if you really want an affordable luxury car. Gives all the advantages of a luxury car without the high maintenance cost of a luxury car like Lexus, BMW, Volvo, etc.

Can you imagine why the Camry is the world's best selling sedan?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by medyas
    You'll just end up driving the cheap one.
    He he he good point. Makes sense nga keep the old one and buy a new one para parehong bago.

Minivan? , hindi ko lang maimagine sarili ko na naka mini van, I know its comfortable pero masisira image natin diyan magmumukhang gurang.

Used luxo car, kahit CPO, meron kasi kaming mga kaibigan went that route CPO rin pero they end up regretting itinirik sila e. (Acura). Mahirap na kung nasa freeway ka itirik example papuntang Florida, its a 15 hour drive.

Keep CRV + RDX or FX or RX , sweeeett!!! that's the ideal situation kaya lang reality check ma iistretch ang budget ng todo, maybe kung ganito e pag fully paid na ung V.

*hens,
    ok lang po bossing, musta na Brabus mo can't afford ko pa yan.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    get the Toyota Camry V6 3.0L if you really want an affordable luxury car. Gives all the advantages of a luxury car without the high maintenance cost of a luxury car like Lexus, BMW, Volvo, etc.

Can you imagine why the Camry is the world's best selling sedan?
    Camry po dito e 3.5 V6 w/ shiftable automatic (268HP) . Yan nga po isa sa mga choices ko, pero now leaning more towards VW Passat FSi Turbo w/ tiptronic.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
1 luxo car or 2 regular cars