New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dilemna,

Buy 1 luxo car/suv (Lexus RX350, Infiniti FX35, Volvo XC90, 2007Acura RDX/MDX ,--- will wait to be release) and buy a 2nd hand el cheapo back up car (probably costing $2500 or less)

or

Maintain present ride (2004 CRV) and buy 1 new sedan (2007 v6 Camry, 2006 Accord or 2006 Passat 2.0 FSi Turbo) <--- both will be relatively new.

what would you suggest guys, opinions commentary welcome.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll prolly go with 2 regular for practicality's sake. But if you want to indulge.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if its gonna be an extra car, ill get the lux.

if it's gonna be a car going to and from work, ill have 2 nalang.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter
    if its gonna be an extra car, ill get the lux.

if it's gonna be a car going to and from work, ill have 2 nalang.
    Same here. Masarap din naman mag-indulge once in a while! Sabi nga, "we only live once..."

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    At that price range, pwde ba maintain present ride and get a Mustang GT topdown?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    here in the phils

if am to choose between a Bnew BMW Sedan

and a

Hyndai Sta. Fe V6 + Honda Civic 2.0.

I'll take the latter.

but If i'm in the states, indulge!!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg
    At that price range, pwde ba maintain present ride and get a Mustang GT topdown?
    not a big fan of convertibles. (child seat sa likod e)

choice is present ride + Sedan (for long drives). or luxo cruiser + el cheapo 2nd car.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    With my daughter, forget about luxo cars. We once thought about buying a Bimmer (325i), Lexus (ES330), Acura (RL), or Infinity (M35). But after seeing our daughter make a mess of our Contour and starting to with our Sonata. We'll hold off til she can drive on her own.

Personally, I consider a minivan more comfortable than any luxury car or SUV during long trips. Otherwise, our 06 Sonata has all the room we need plus it's so quiet inside I have to look at the tach to make sure the engine is running.

But, luxury is all about comfort and there's nothing more comfortable than a captain's chair in a minivan. The room matters a lot too. My daughter used to be able to lie down with blankets at the back seat. The middle captain's chairs can recline backward like business-class in an airline so the occupant is literally lying down. That's something I have yet to see in an SUV.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Since ok naman roads sa US (until you go downtown), I'd go for maintain + sedan, or go maintain + used luxury (this choice parang compromise).

IMO, the only use for brand new lux there is image. Since may kid na u, no need to impress anyone... Naluluma din mga lux e, ang bilis & laki pa ng depreciation. At least with the lower price bracket cars, mas maliit depreciation costs mo come resale time.

Kung di you fanatic (IMO kasi maraming options you), in less than a year masasawa ka din and you'll be wondering why you spent so much on lux whenever you drive your el cheapo... (Conversely, this reasoning is also why oks lang sakin mag-suffer konti for my muscle car restoring... muscle car fanatic me e).

Over here, malaking diff to be driving German cuz of our wonderfully textured roads and discerning police.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Why not keep the CRV and buy a luxo car instead of SUV or the Camry. So you'll still have an SUV and your car would be a luxo vehicle you get the best of both worlds.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
1 luxo car or 2 regular cars