New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    4AT Non-CVT ang alam ko sa Lancer. No projector HLs.

I really like the Cruze. Chevy makes solid cars. Their build, especially the interior is just fantastic. Wala un interior ng GLX Lancer. Reliability is ok naman as per our past experience w/ optra. Pag may major parts lang talaga minsan matagal i-order at medyo may kamahalan. But it's really solid

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Guys,

Parang ang layo ng price ng Cruze LS M/T vs Lancer EX M/T. Ok din ba ang Cruze L M/T? I think lahat yata ng wala sa L vs LS ay madaling i add like fog lamps or can't do without like USB...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasVN View Post
    Guys,

Parang ang layo ng price ng Cruze LS M/T vs Lancer EX M/T. Ok din ba ang Cruze L M/T? I think lahat yata ng wala sa L vs LS ay madaling i add like fog lamps or can't do without like USB...
    Yup, there's not much differentiating the L and LS variants.

50k gets you fog lamps, a rear backup camera, usb/ipod connectivity and 2 extra speakers. Stuff you can live without, if you ask me.

Hindi ko lang sure kung madali magsource ng fogs sa labas.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Pre,

Get the Lancer.

Sakit sa ulo Focus sa gastos.

Chevy same.

In general I think American cars.

How is the Tucson?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesto View Post
    Pre,

Get the Lancer.

Sakit sa ulo Focus sa gastos.

Chevy same.

In general I think American cars.

How is the Tucson?
    Meh. All new cars have expensive parts. The Lancer EX 1.6 is the new EX model... not the old Cedia one. The difference is really not worth noting... especially for parts you will only replace once (or not at all) over five years of ownership.

Besides, the Focus and Lancer are both made in Thailand. The Focus has a European chassis and an egnine co-developed in Japan.The Lancer has a Japanese chassis with an engine engineered by a Korean company.

The Chevrolet? Built and designed in Korea, just like the Tucson.

"American" versus "Japanese" don't mean nothing but where the stockholders hold their board meetings.
    Last edited by niky; September 3rd, 2012 at 03:00 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Meh. All new cars have expensive parts. The Lancer EX 1.6 is the new EX model... not the old Cedia one. The difference is really not worth noting... especially for parts you will only replace once (or not at all) over five years of ownership.

Besides, the Focus and Lancer are both made in Thailand. The Focus has a European chassis and an egnine co-developed in Japan.The Lancer has a Japanese chassis with an engine engineered by a Korean company.

The Chevrolet? Built and designed in Korea, just like the Tucson.

"American" versus "Japanese" don't mean nothing but where the stockholders hold their board meetings.
    Nice info di ko alam na korea narin pala chevy and engine ng lancer eh korea din. How about toyota and honda sir.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

huwag lang made in china. lol.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    One often overlooked spec is the suspension. Both the Focus and the Lancer have independent rear suspension while the Cruze only has Torsion beam. I suggest you do a test drive para macompare mo kung ano magugustuhan mo.

Dont listen to "urban legends" like "Brand X" has poor quality kasi sabi ng kapitbahay ng pinsan ng kaibigan ko. Another misconception is the American vs. Japanese vs. Korean Cars. Siguro nung 80's and 90's this is valid but I dont think there's much difference now. Both the Americans and Koreans have stepped up with their new offerings. Yun nga lang resale value is mostly based on reputation built through the years and this hurts other brands.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    no problem with AT of mitsu. pero 4AT lang sya. which others find it underpowered. but for me, ok lang naman
    For a 1.6 engine, okay na 4AT.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Toyota and Honda are also made in Thailand.

The torsion beam is not a big issue in terms of ride. The Cruze rides softer with the torsion beam than the Lancer does with the IRS.

Torsion beams only matter in terms of suspension alignment adjustability. You can't give them the same range of dynamic camber as IRS. Having camber increase when the suspension is loaded makes the car more stable in cornering. But new cars use directional bushings to induce dynamic toe changes instead, even on torsion beam cars. Increasing toe-in during cornering does the same thing as increasing negative camber. Some torsion beam cars like the old Jazz and the Mazda2 handle very, very well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
1.8 Cruze LS M/T vs Lancer EX GLX 1.6 M/T vs Focus Ambiente MT 1.6