New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

We will be replacing my wife's Swift M/T with any of the three M/T. Which do you think is the best? My wife will be using it daily Pque-Makati, and my wife prefer M/T and I also want M/T as my other car is A/T. I asked my wife, regarding just looks, best for her is Cruze, but we haven't seen the Focus in Flesh.

With the three, what will you choose? Normal points to consider:

1. Looks
    2. Fuel Consumption
    3. Maintenance Cost
    4. Interior Space
    5. Trunk Space
    6. Engine Response

Thanks
    Charles

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Personally, I'd go for the Cruze LS.

However, given your criteria, it seems that the Lancer EX GLX is the best fit for you.

1. Looks - it doesn't look good for me, but it might look good for you.

2. Fuel consumption - being a 1.6, it's categorically more fuel efficient than the Cruze. Should be roughly the same as the Focus (since that uses a slightly retuned Fiesta engine).

4. Interior Space - The Lancer and Cruze are both huge inside, but the Focus is just so-so.

5. Trunk Space - The Focus has the largest trunk among the 3. Not only is it the deepest, but the wheel wells don't get in the way, unlike in the Lancer and Cruze.
    Last edited by jut703; September 2nd, 2012 at 02:01 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Thanks for the reply. Can I add Resale Value? Which is better? And what my wife don't like with the Lance is it don't have audio controls in steering wheel, nasanay sya sa swift nya eh.. and also for the addons/gadgets, sino mas ok?

Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I'll pick lancer. Mas pasok sa requirements mo. I think mas may resale value to, compared to others. In features and gadgets, i think mas lamang focus

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Lancer:
    - No fog lamps
    - No parking sensors
    - Steering wheel doesn't have telescopic adjustment (tilt only)
    - No steering wheel audio controls
    - Has an 8" LCD head unit that plays DVDs and also has Bluetooth connectivity
    - Cheapest of the bunch at 825k

Focus:
    - Steel rims w/ hubcap (!)
    - No parking sensors
    - No ABD
    - No fog lamps
    - Tilt/telescopic steering wheel adjustment
    - Has steering wheel audio controls
    - Newest among the 3, priced at 858k

Cruze:
    - Has a rear backup camera
    - Has front and rear fog lamps
    - Tilt/telescopic steering wheel adjustment
    - Has audio controls on the steering wheel
    - Most expensive at 929k
    Last edited by jut703; September 2nd, 2012 at 02:31 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Cruze pa rin ako. But the Lancer is the most practical.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Cruze pa rin ako. But the Lancer is the most practical.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2
    Agree ako diyan . . . If you can get past the branding issue, mas macho at mas malaki ang cruze ... Not sure about durability and fuel consumption though ...

I'd rather get the Cruze. Better built and more throttle-responsive than the Lancer and the Focus.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Guys,

Looks like we are leaning over Lancer, Diba ung Lancer GLX, projector type na Headlight kaya lang dipa HID? Tama ba? Kasi I will upgrade to HID kung sakali.. and add ko rin ng Fog lamps.. un siguro kulang.. We visited Ford, Chevy and Mitsu dealers unfortunately, we are not able to find display any of these MT variants, even the GLX AT sana, kasi with just 30K diff, baka GLX AT na lang.. ok ba ang AT ng Mitsu?

Thanks

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasVN View Post
    Guys,

Looks like we are leaning over Lancer, Diba ung Lancer GLX, projector type na Headlight kaya lang dipa HID? Tama ba? Kasi I will upgrade to HID kung sakali.. and add ko rin ng Fog lamps.. un siguro kulang.. We visited Ford, Chevy and Mitsu dealers unfortunately, we are not able to find display any of these MT variants, even the GLX AT sana, kasi with just 30K diff, baka GLX AT na lang.. ok ba ang AT ng Mitsu?

Thanks
    no problem with AT of mitsu. pero 4AT lang sya. which others find it underpowered. but for me, ok lang naman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
1.8 Cruze LS M/T vs Lancer EX GLX 1.6 M/T vs Focus Ambiente MT 1.6