New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Would you marry a model that's high maintenance and gives you headache? ... Or the pretty girl next door type who knows how to take care of you and is reliable? ...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Could the GTS's resale value be better than the Innova come selling time given it's a discontinued, sought after model?
    Niche market kasi ang GTS compared to the Innova, but yes, considering it's discontinued, it will pretty much have a stable resale value. Basta maganda ang after sales and parts support ng Ayala. Pag nagka problema sa parts, saka babagsak kasi hindi tatagal ang buhay ng units pag walang mabilhan ng pyesa.

Kung resale value, Innova is king.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Would you marry a model that's high maintenance and gives you headache? ... Or the pretty girl next door type who knows how to take care of you and is reliable? ...
    Oh common, bro, you'd know what everybody will reply to that. Unless you want to spend a ton of money with mods later on, you'd want someone beautiful in the first place.

Yung ugali puwede magbago, yung mukhang di ganun kadali. Hahahaha

Going back to topic, VW maintenance is not that expensive. Since the Golf GTS is on a 15k km or 12-month PMS cycle, you only have one trip in a year to the dealership. Despite the premium price but on average, our Jetta TDI racks up similar annual maintenance cost as a Honda or Ford or Subaru.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chon961 View Post
    Niche market kasi ang GTS compared to the Innova, but yes, considering it's discontinued, it will pretty much have a stable resale value. Basta maganda ang after sales and parts support ng Ayala. Pag nagka problema sa parts, saka babagsak kasi hindi tatagal ang buhay ng units pag walang mabilhan ng pyesa.

Kung resale value, Innova is king.
    Yun lang talaga big question, will they bring in parts for discontinued models. But given TS will probably get rid of it in 5 years, I'm in the same boat as Egan and co. I'd rather enjoy the car while I'm using it than enjoy it when I sell it. To me the most expensive car is still the one you end up having but never wanted.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Oh common, bro, you'd know what everybody will reply to that. Unless you want to spend a ton of money with mods later on, you'd want someone beautiful in the first place.

Yung ugali puwede magbago, yung mukhang di ganun kadali. Hahahaha

Going back to topic, VW maintenance is not that expensive. Since the Golf GTS is on a 15k km or 12-month PMS cycle, you only have one trip in a year to the dealership. Despite the premium price but on average, our Jetta TDI racks up similar annual maintenance cost as a Honda or Ford or Subaru.
    Agree sir, if only I can afford it, I'll get a Golf GTS The once a year PMS sched seems like a fair deal for the enjoyment of driving it.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Saka mapipilitan ka pa bumili ng golf set, dyahi naman car mo pangalan golf tapos di ka marunong mag-golf. kulang ang kasosyalan parang pretentious tuloy dating.

pag sa Innova, you can become innovative anytime any day

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Saka mapipilitan ka pa bumili ng golf set, dyahi naman car mo pangalan golf tapos di ka marunong mag-golf. kulang ang kasosyalan parang pretentious tuloy dating.

pag sa Innova, you can become innovative anytime any day
    dapat din bang magpa-taba ang mga owners ng xpander?
    at mag-aral ng law ang owner ng fortun-er?
    and how can the rush owners rush, when the rush can't rush?
    and will the terra owners frequent the mall?
    heh heh.

OT.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Yun lang talaga big question, will they bring in parts for discontinued models. But given TS will probably get rid of it in 5 years, I'm in the same boat as Egan and co. I'd rather enjoy the car while I'm using it than enjoy it when I sell it. To me the most expensive car is still the one you end up having but never wanted.
    The Jetta and Golf being sold here are US models sold since 2015, thus in terms of parts sourcing mas madali vs the other Euro brands.

Once owned an Opel Astra and maintained it even after GM dropped Opel and changed to Chevy. Nakakuha pa ako ng local parts sa Thunder Banawe (headlights/engine mounts/ignition coils). So parts sourcing, assuming malaki yung base nung model hindi mahirap.

Plus it's an Ayala company. Medyo conscious yan sa reputational risk so they will likely keep to their word na support nila yung mga discontinued models. I think matagal sourcing mga body parts and non-PMS items kasi manggagaling pa Germany or some non-Asian base.

Yun yung advantage ng mga bagong China VW models. Malapit lang source nung parts kaya mas mabilis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    My vote goes to GTS as well. Been enjoying one since the beginning of the year and for the price I can't (won't) find anything that comes close to its refinement, engine performance, looks, fuel thrift, and practicality.

It's too good I'd get a second one if I don't need to eat, LOL.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You make it sound like it's a choice between a Ferrari and a Toyota.

Parts will be available the question is whether you're willing to put up with price and timing if you source it from the dealer (if it's not a regular consumable part). Other options down the road is ordering and shipping from abroad. That's what's n

Although i'm generally a practical person, we're car enthusiasts for heaven's sake... Someone put it quite well before (can't remember who it was here on tsikot): Not perfect but hard to beat for what it offers at the price.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast