New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    My heart goes gts all the way but the practical family man needs says otherwise/innova.

This is meant to be a daily driver for the next 5 years at least and to replace a 2012 80t kms montero glsv. Wary ako how the gts will hold 5yrs in all aspects compared to the innova pero i'm sure it would be a heck of a lot more fun.

Ang hirap mag decide kapag exacto lang ang budget.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Depends on how big is your family. The Golf GTS can only accommodate 3 at the 2nd row. So it will be your 2 kids and a yaya at the back.

Join the VW Golf GTS SportWagen Pilipinas and VW Jetta Club Philippines in FB so you can have an idea. The Golf GTS and the Jetta have the same engine.

Personally, choose the Golf GTS as your 2nd car. Parts can take from 3 weeks to 3 months to deliver. Keep your Montero for family activities.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    My heart goes gts all the way but the practical family man needs says otherwise/innova.

This is meant to be a daily driver for the next 5 years at least and to replace a 2012 80t kms montero glsv. Wary ako how the gts will hold 5yrs in all aspects compared to the innova pero i'm sure it would be a heck of a lot more fun.

well, you can hold on to your old monty, and go to town and buy the gts.
    montys do not self-distract when they reach 100K. if you have been maintaining it fine all these years, i daresay it will reach over 130K and still be kickin' .

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Don't sell the Montero there is this particular owner selling his 250k kms montero on the MSCP. Just follow the PMS schedule.

Go for the gts sportwagen. I myself is eyeing this vehicle for our next purchase

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Go for the Golf GTS. It will surely drive better than the Innova.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post

I was in the same situation quite recently. Yes, i have a family with 2 growing kids and it's difficult to weigh the practical versus the wants. Hehe.

Verdict: Getting the Golf GTS but this decision was also made because I have a Hilux to use for loading cargo and foul weather duties. If it was a solo car, i'd probably end up getting a Fortuner or the new Nissan Terra as the VW GTS will be a tight squeeze when we load up.

GTS units are running low too it seems. Most on stock would be the B.E.+ which is over 1.6mn. Best buy for me would be the B.E. but there was no stock at the dealer so I placed my reservation for the Highline instead.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If you have excess money ... get the Volkswagen Golf GTS ... If on a budget ... get the Toyota Innova ... Yeah the Volkswagen Golf GTS is tempting to buy ... But after 5 years, you're going to wish you got the Toyota Innova ...

When your income is good enough to afford luxuries ... buy a Volkswagen Golf GTi in the future ... or a VW Golf R ... There's always the future to look forward to and strive for ... but for now, be practical ...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you intend to sell the vehicle after years and plan on making good money out of the sale, buy a Toyota or a Honda (make it a diesel or an affordable small car).

If you intend on keeping the car for a long time, buy the one that sings to you the most and take good care of it.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I was in the same situation quite recently. Yes, i have a family with 2 growing kids and it's difficult to weigh the practical versus the wants. Hehe.

Verdict: Getting the Golf GTS but this decision was also made because I have a Hilux to use for loading cargo and foul weather duties. If it was a solo car, i'd probably end up getting a Fortuner or the new Nissan Terra as the VW GTS will be a tight squeeze when we load up.

GTS units are running low too it seems. Most on stock would be the B.E.+ which is over 1.6mn. Best buy for me would be the B.E. but there was no stock at the dealer so I placed my reservation for the Highline instead.
    i would agree, go for the gts.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Keep the Montero and get the Golf GTS. It feels like a more upscale car if like me your used to Japanese units. it may burn a bigger hole in your pocket in the long run but that seems to be a price to pay for its premium feel.

if you need to sell the Montero to get the new car the safer bet is the Toyota Innova, It won't be as much fun to have but it will give you a better peace of mind in the future.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast