New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Thank you very much for all the answers. Maybe I will let me and my wife to test drive all these SUVs before we decide. We want SUV that won't give us headaches. That's why I'm also concered with the after sales service, baka sa part na yun kami magkaroon ng madaming problema. I'm just surprised that Subaru FXT cost around 1.8M, last time I checked the MI website it was around 1.7M lang . For the Subaru Forester 2.0L I heard is a bit sluggish compared to others of the same class. Maybe we check the Sta Fe first and Montero. Thanks again

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Santa Fe or Sorento lang for me...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Kung concern is floods, I wouldn't substitute a full ladder on frame SUV truck for a uni-body SUV. Every inch of clearance for the air intake makes a world of matter when you want to go home and have to go thorough manila flooded streets, lalo pa ngaun when a sudden down pour entails knee deep floods. No offense to the Sta. Fe, But the montero will out shine it in this kind of situation.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    actually kung flood like ala-ondoy ang pag uusapan e kahit anong SUV e wala kang kawala specially if you're living in those areas na nadisgrasya ng ondoy i.e. marikina, pasig, etc.

yung brother ko eve ang sasakyan pero lumubog din sa marikina. ang sis ko monty sasakyan nayari sa pasig. masama pa non e nagpapatulong na hilahin ko auto nila using my mom's eve din kaso di ko rin nagawa kasi lubog lahat ng dadaanan ko.

pero ako living in better living e ni hindi ko man lang naramdaman na lubog na ang majority areas ng ondoy kasi mataas ang lugar namin ni hindi nga binaha yung kalye namin.

end of the day...kung nasa lugar na bahain ka nakatira e kahit anong sasakyan mo e maging victim ka nyan...ayun lesson learned...lumipat na yung brod and sis ko ng bahay para di na maulit yung nangyari.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    None of those cars can survive a catastrophe like Ondoy anyway. Sure, there are subtle differences in ride height and computer box rigidity, but point is, when it gets submerged, it's over. Now it's actually up to you to be preventive and get the car as high up as possible when an event like Ondoy happens again.

Major flood wading aside, I think the best choice is the Santa Fe. It may not be as spacious as the Montero and Fortuner, but you don't really need that much space if you don't bring 5 people and lots of luggage every time.
    It's got the best engine of the bunch (FXT not impressive as it's a gaz-guzzling SUV and isn't as practical as the SF). Furthermore, it rides more car-like than the MS and Fort because it's based off a car.

Plus, at 1.558M, it's really good value for money.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sorento or Santa Fe for me.

IMHO the Tucson Premium isn't expensive or overpriced.

You're just paying for the "PREMIUM" features. In fact the Tucson has more features than the top-end Santa Fe. I'm 6 months happy with my Tucson. hehe

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Tucson Premium isn't overpriced, it's just that people are often shocked by the increase in price over the GLS model. As for me, the diesel really does make it more expensive. Now if you just want the diesel power, you could of course get the eVGT GL. But if you want a more luxurious car, the Premium has really got it. Problem is, a lot of buyers who want that kind of luxury would be willing to trade it off for a bigger car, like the Montero Sport. This makes the Premium a less convincing buy than the GLS Theta.

BTT: I originally liked the Sorento diesel more than the Santa Fe because it's newer, but the HUGE price difference just can't justify the price.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I'd go Korean too, Santa Fe or Sorento but if you do decide that you don't really need that 3rd row, a Premium Tucson is what I consider value with what you get, even if some people consider it too expensive.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    I'm not a fan of korean cars, although Tucson maybe worth checking out, you may want to review feedback from Tucson owners.

Most reliable SUVs in my opinion (as well as feedback from owners and independent car reviews) would be honda CRV and Subaru, tops in safety, quality with Honda having a high resale value. Both would excel in all aspects I believe, Acceleration, suspension, handling, braking, airconditioning, sound system, etc, (Although I have only driven a CRV, my experience would confirm that). You also have to to consider after market service as well as parts, Subaru may be a tough luck if you ran into problem with parts.

I'd stay away from Montero, just being me, I'd stay away from Mitsubishi. Toyota Fortuner has its own share of problems flourishing like mushrooms like the Monty.

I'd also recommend you check out Mazda's CX-7. Ford's all reliable "built ford tough" escape and everest may also be worth considering, although they are not the most elegant-looking or stylish.

I think what's really important is to check the dealer out, I have read from this forum and some other posts that some employees from certain car dealers are swapping out parts. I hope for our sake this isn't as bad and as rampant as it seems. (What happened to the Filipino INTEGRITY, just a shadow of its former self?)

Good luck on your new unit! Choose wisely, drive safely and most importantly, be a responsible driver!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by B_3ff3ct View Post
    I'm not a fan of korean cars, although Tucson maybe worth checking out, you may want to review feedback from Tucson owners.

Most reliable SUVs in my opinion (as well as feedback from owners and independent car reviews) would be honda CRV and Subaru, tops in safety, quality with Honda having a high resale value. Both would excel in all aspects I believe, Acceleration, suspension, handling, braking, airconditioning, sound system, etc, (Although I have only driven a CRV, my experience would confirm that). You also have to to consider after market service as well as parts, Subaru may be a tough luck if you ran into problem with parts.

I'd stay away from Montero, just being me, I'd stay away from Mitsubishi. Toyota Fortuner has its own share of problems flourishing like mushrooms like the Monty.

I'd also recommend you check out Mazda's CX-7. Ford's all reliable "built ford tough" escape and everest may also be worth considering, although they are not the most elegant-looking or stylish.

I think what's really important is to check the dealer out, I have read from this forum and some other posts that some employees from certain car dealers are swapping out parts. I hope for our sake this isn't as bad and as rampant as it seems. (What happened to the Filipino INTEGRITY, just a shadow of its former self?)

Good luck on your new unit! Choose wisely, drive safely and most importantly, be a responsible driver!
    better browse the internet on the reviews of those cars that you are considering.

one thing i can share with you is the FC of 2003 CRV that i used to own and sold it last year due to its bad FC.

you can learn a lot from this site and asking your friends particularly who owns those vehicles for their first hand experience.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
1.5M to 1.6M budget which SUV will you choose?