New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    guys, need a piece of your advice.

i'll be planning to retire my 2008 toyota avanza (J model, M/T) which served me for the last 6 years. Now I'm considering getting a new ride. My choices are:
    a. 1.3 Vios E M/T - 727K
    b. 1.3 Yaris E M/T - 720k
    c. 1.3 Avanza E M/T - 717k

with the prices this close for the E variants, im thinking of getting another avanza (taller, lots of cargo space but it lacks safety features such as ABS), and also the comfort is not as the same as the sedans.

now, between the 2 sedans, which is better? the Vios E has the volume controls on the steering wheel and with foglamps, but none on the Yaris. Cargo space? -i dont know which has bigger cargo space between the two? for sure the Yaris will be a head turner but it lacks some features present on the vios.

last, are the streets of metro manila are more flood prone than before? I'm considering having a taller ride, which i never had problems going to gutter-deep streets on my avanza.

i hope you can give pros and cons of the vehicles.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    for a little more, i suggest you get a basic diesel innova. it'll solve your cargo space and flooded street concerns, not to mention the decreased fuel expense.
    otherwiee, i'd choose the vios. among your choices, it's the better balance of fuel expense, cost, and cargo and passenger space.
    in my opinion, the avanza doesn't offer much better flooding resistance compared to the vios.. takot kong isabak ang avanza, kapag takot kong isabak sa baha ang vios..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    for a little more, i suggest you get a basic diesel innova. it'll solve your cargo space and flooded street concerns, not to mention the decreased fuel expense.
    otherwiee, i'd choose the vios. among your choices, it's the better balance of fuel expense, cost, and cargo and passenger space.
    in my opinion, the avanza doesn't offer much better flooding resistance compared to the vios.. takot kong isabak ang avanza, kapag takot kong isabak sa baha ang vios..
    +1 ako sa innova J dsl if you're willing to add at least 150k more.

Chevy Spin (838k), mas mura ng konti sa innova J. Although not really sure about it's flooding wading depth, kung willing ka talagang idaan yung auto mo sa medyo mataas na baha.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    How about suzuki ertiga?
    But between the 3, ill choose vios
    Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by space invader View Post
    guys, need a piece of your advice.

i'll be planning to retire my 2008 toyota avanza (J model, M/T) which served me for the last 6 years. Now I'm considering getting a new ride. My choices are:
    a. 1.3 Vios E M/T - 727K
    b. 1.3 Yaris E M/T - 720k
    c. 1.3 Avanza E M/T - 717k

with the prices this close for the E variants, im thinking of getting another avanza (taller, lots of cargo space but it lacks safety features such as ABS), and also the comfort is not as the same as the sedans.

now, between the 2 sedans, which is better? the Vios E has the volume controls on the steering wheel and with foglamps, but none on the Yaris. Cargo space? -i dont know which has bigger cargo space between the two? for sure the Yaris will be a head turner but it lacks some features present on the vios.

last, are the streets of metro manila are more flood prone than before? I'm considering having a taller ride, which i never had problems going to gutter-deep streets on my avanza.

i hope you can give pros and cons of the vehicles.

Thanks!
    sir try nyo iconsider suzuki ertiga mas mura na sa mga binanggit mo mas angat pa sa mga features...ito po ang patok ngayon...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    many of the so-called new models in the philippines, have been in use for some time in other countries. why don't you internet their reviews, just to see what other users have to say?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Yung sakin, Ford Ranger Trekker 2009 AT, sinabak ko sa Panghulo Malabon, yung baha literally hangang dibdib ng tao, gapang lang takbo ko kasi magagalit mga tao pag umalon. Mga 2 hours din si Ranger nagtatampisaw sa baha papasok at papalabas ng area. Never ako namatayan ng makina kahit idling lang (kasi nga matic kaya di mo pwede irebolusyon), bilib ako pati lahat ng tao, although pinasok yung loob ng tubig mga 3inches mula sa flooring. Pero still, nakalabas ako ng area ng walang tirik. Thrice ko na nilublob si Trekker, una dyan sa Kamuning malapit sa tapat ng Delgado Hospital, second sa Meycauayan bulacan pero itong Panghulo lang pinakamatindi at pinakamataal. So kung baha lang problema mo, mag Ranger ka na, ang lupit pa ng cargo space kasi nga pickup sya.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Doon sa 3 ikaw na mismo nagbigay ng pros and cons. Depende na lang yan sa needs mo, sabi nga nila there is no perfect car so it boils down to which features you value the most. Kung cargo space panalo avanza. Kung sa looks, yaris. Comfort and safety, vios then yaris. Fuel efficiency, yaris then vios. Inuulit ko lang actually yung mga sinabi mo na and ikaw lang din nakakaalam kung alin sa mga features na yan ang mas pinahahalagahan mo. You can't let others second guess your own needs.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I suggest innova J diesel or spin diesel. Dagdag budget nga lang. Pag stick to the budget, worth to look ang ertiga

10. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    many of the so-called new models in the philippines, have been in use for some time in other countries. why don't you internet their reviews, just to see what other users have to say?
    yah try mo search ang suzuki ertiga sa net at hit na hit ito sa india, indonesia at thailand...this the nearest competitive of innova in thier country... mas mura pero mas comfortable...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast