New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Kung Civic ang bibilhin at pina quote nya, malamang CRDi na i30 na ang katumbas nun sa Hyundai.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    actually, the long warranty is a double-edge sword. Because of longer warranty, you're also tied longer with them which means windfall profits from PMS that otherwise you can do yourself (or by a competent mechanic).

If one wants to drive a unique looking car, Lancer EX is a better proposition than a subcompact-ish i30. I'm not even sure if it's a compact because it's so small. Anyway, whatever floats ones boat.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I am a Hyundai believer - I purchased the Gen3 Starex five years ago, and then, a Grand Starex a month ago.

However, it is my opinion that the i30 is overpriced.

I suggest that you get yourself a 1.3S City A/T,- just bought one and we love it!

8900:painting:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    thanks so much po...just went back from a massage then whoa...so much replies, i appreciate it!

as for the civic po kasi, near 300 thou na po yun d/p...as much as i want to po, di po kaya...and for the lancer po, 2.0 liters kasi (although based on accounts, it has better FC) takot lang po wife ko makarinig ng "dos-litros" and for the 988 price range, bare po masyado ang lancer ex gls.

i was thinking po kasi given the price range of the d/p and payment scheme of the i30: exclusivity (1 pa lang nakikita ko so far), value-features found in higher end cars (rain sensing wiper, 6 speakers, dvd player with ipod-ready interface, fully automatic aircon, auto light control system for the headlights, plus 5 years warranty) tapos less than 1.8 ang engine -- hopefully better fuel efficiency...

sa mga meron po or may kakilala na meron ng i30,

1. how's the comfort of the ride? (as for the tech sheet -- gas filled shock absorbers -- ano po ibig sabihin nito)
    2. musta po yun fuel efficiency?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Have you tried asking your bank for the financing rates?

We paid less than 300k DP for our civic.

Mataas talaga interest sa inhouse financing. Really suggest you go to the banks.

Also, considered the Mazda3?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Have you tried asking your bank for the financing rates?

We paid less than 300k DP for our civic.

Mataas talaga interest sa inhouse financing. Really suggest you go to the banks.

Also, considered the Mazda3?
    Thanks sir, I will try to check it out with my bank...pero malamang ganun din range yun...

For the civic po, di po kaya d/p...as for the mazda 3 po, lakas daw sa gas -- 6 to 7 km/li daw po...and pa-face out na din po...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Sir mag civic ka na lang kesa sa i30. kung DP ang prob mo sir mag intay intay ka na lang. pag ipunan ng konti then civic na kunin mo. hindi worth ang i30 sa presyong ganun kamahal.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    thanks so much for your inputs, i will sit down with my bank and dealer about options...but it looks like 1.3 a/t city wins here (and for me..hehe)

sir, OT lang, hows the FC of the 1.8 civic matic (v/s)? thanks!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by abcerase View Post
    thanks so much for your inputs, i will sit down with my bank and dealer about options...but it looks like 1.3 a/t city wins here (and for me..hehe)

sir, OT lang, hows the FC of the 1.8 civic matic (v/s)? thanks!

Not sure about the civic's.

However, our 1.3S A/T City is doing better than 10.8Km/L city driving. I'd assume that it will be at least 15Km/L highway.....

9000:snowfight1:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
1.3 city a/t or 1.6 i30 (gas)