New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    hi mga sirs,

i know this seems to be an odd comparison but these 2 cars fell under 200k d/p and their monthly for 5 years is under 20 thou, as well...and also my wife wants a/t. (i30 CRDi is manual only) this is going to be our first owned car. May I just ask for opinions:

1. Fuel Consumption - I am not sure about the i30 (acc to the SA it's around 11-12km/li)
    2. Features
    3. Reliability
    4. Over-all: If you were on our shoes, what would you prefer?

Thanks so much!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Maybe you'd like to consider the Mazda3 (abot 200k DP din. 100k lang nga e according to the radio advertisements).

My comments (#2/3 I'm not sure)

1. Fuel Consumption
    I'm not sure on the actuals, but don't believe what the SA says about the FC of a car :/

4. Over-all: If you were on our shoes, what would you prefer?
    I think masyadong mahal yung i30. At 988k, you could get so many better cars. I know DP's an issue, but so is the absolute cost. You could get a middle/high-end Civic or Altis with 988k, not to mention the Lancer. Better cars at the same price.

Kung between these two lang - City for sure. If not, then let's weigh the other choices you want to throw in.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yung payment scheme kasi as i unerstand puts them on same bracket. If you wanna be unique go for the i30.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Assuming 0% interest for the sake of comparison

i30 988k. 200k DP = 788k/60mo = 13.3k/mo

City AT 761k. 200k DP = 561k/60mo = 9.35k/mo

Malaki parin yan, unless malaki interest difference ng honda over the hyundai.

Also, were these quotes given by the casa? Kasi you really get lower rates if you have your car financed at banks nalang instead of at the dealership.

Still for the City on this one.
    761k is still less than 988k by a large margin.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if you and your wife are both driving, then ill take the city na. as you said your wife wants an a/t and that the winning line for me.

kung tranny would not be an issue, ill go for the i30. ive taken a small test drive on the car and obviously, it out performs the city by a margin. the altis would be a better match for the i30 IMO.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The i30 is tooo expensive compared to the City. 700+k vs. 900+k ?
    What are you paying for ? Rarity ? Not worth it.

I guess you could settle for the City then save your remaining money for future maintenance and for its gas-ups.

I myself don't believe SA's re: the FC of a vehicle.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i think people, the TS states that although they are not of same bracket their pricing makes them priced alike (meaning ang laki ng interest rates ng Honda ang mahal mahal na nga).

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The i30 is a terribly bad deal at 1M. At that range, you should be considering the 1.6 CRDI (1.048M) or the better car for only 100k more, Ford Focus TDCI (though you should test the unit they'll give you first before signing the papers to avoid a repeat of what's happening to a fellow having issues with what seems to be a drowned unit).

You can also consider the cheaper but way better Civic FD 1.8S AT (958k less discount). Go to your bank, NOT to the dealer! Your bank will give you better rates because they don't need to give a cut to the dealer.

Good luck.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    The i30 is a terribly bad deal at 1M. At that range, you should be considering the 1.6 CRDI (1.048M) or the better car for only 100k more, Ford Focus TDCI (though you should test the unit they'll give you first before signing the papers to avoid a repeat of what's happening to a fellow having issues with what seems to be a drowned unit).

You can also consider the cheaper but way better Civic FD 1.8S AT (958k less discount). Go to your bank, NOT to the dealer! Your bank will give you better rates because they don't need to give a cut to the dealer.

Good luck.
    korek! i wholeheartedly second the motion!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    for uniqueness, i would go with the Hyundai i30. not much on the road so it's like driving an exclusive car.

if the two cars are somewhat same in DP and monthly amortization for 5 years, then go with the Hyundai i30. it has a long 5 year warranty so no worries if defects should occur within your amortization period.

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    I myself don't believe SA's re: the FC of a vehicle.
    OT: What's weird is that my SA does not believe what I'm saying about the FC of my vehicle being fuel efficient. hehe
    Last edited by LeOxe; November 30th, 2009 at 08:58 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
1.3 city a/t or 1.6 i30 (gas)