New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    The new swift is also a nice car to consider. I think it's price is very close to the 1.3 A/T jazz. Interior quality is good and it feels like a more expensive car to drive. It has great handling and is quite sporty. The 1.4 engine is powerful and passenger space is sufficient. I also like the look of the stock rims. However, luggage space is very small. The swift has only two variants, the 1.4 M/T and the 1.4 A/T. So, it feels like having a top of the line car. Hehehe.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    to the TS,

ma'am, I would not recommend to get a vios for your daughter. the reason?

Most vehicle accidents na nakita ko involves a vios and a girl driver. kaya malaki kasalanan ng vios, since being an easier car to handle, the driver becomes confident enough to text or apply her make up while driving

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    the main reason for the bad statistcsis that the vios is a best seller. it sold so/well that almost everyone has one.

parang yung analogy na bakit lahat ng bike accidents are honda xrm and waves, why not a suzuki skydrive?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Vios has stable handling and good brakes. That it gets into many accidents is just reflective of the fact that there are a lot of Vioses on the road with careless drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    I doubt that 10K pms interval. Maybe Honda is mandatorily using Synthetic Motor Oil which extends another 5000 kms on PMS. But then again, even on Vios and Sentra, using synthetic makes oil changes another 5000kms less frequent. So, i dont necessarily see an advantage here.

The Jazz 1.3AT gets my vote though. Dual airbags, ABS, 4w disc brakes should be more than enough to protect your daughter
    The engine has to be designed for it. Look at the people who are having problems with sludge on Toyota Altises when switching to the 10,000 kilometer interval on synthetics.

That said... it all depends on usage... if it's all highway driving during those 10,000 kilometers (on synthetics, provided you change filters at 5,000 kilometers), it should be okay. If it's all traffic driving, better not to risk it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Vios has stable handling and good brakes. That it gets into many accidents is just reflective of the fact that there are a lot of Vioses on the road with careless drivers.

The engine has to be designed for it. Look at the people who are having problems with sludge on Toyota Altises when switching to the 10,000 kilometer interval on synthetics.

That said... it all depends on usage... if it's all highway driving during those 10,000 kilometers (on synthetics, provided you change filters at 5,000 kilometers), it should be okay. If it's all traffic driving, better not to risk it.
    As for the VVTi sludge issues, i think it's not because of the interval but because of the synthetic oil use. I have some careless friends (mostly chicks) who went past 10Tkms without oil changes on there Vioses without developing sludges using regular oils. I have seen Altises, though, using synthetics who unfortunately got those sludges on one missed oil change.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sludge takes a number of conditions to form. One is long change intervals. The other is lots of driving in traffic at idle or at high rpms, which both stress the oil and cause it to break down. This is why higher end European cars use oil sensors and a variable interval, because it's possible to exceed recommended intervals and still be safe, but it's also possible to wear out the oil quickly in hard use.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    the main reason for the bad statistcsis that the vios is a best seller. it sold so/well that almost everyone has one.

I agree!
    Vios is the top selling car in the Philippines as of the present, & Montero for SUV.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
1.3 AT Cars