New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    OUTLANDER!

By the time your family gets bigger mag sasawa ka na nito so for sure benta mo na ito for a bigger car. Get the car you want and not what others want you to buy. For sure mas madali ni mrs ma drive ang outlander compared to the montero.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

For me Montero since you have a family na. Like me, I feel that I made a mistake, when I bought my Ford Escape, 1 pa lang anak namin... then ngayon 2 na, sobrang sikip na ng escape or yung isang car namin.. dapat pala 7 seater na binili namin dati... un lang

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGz View Post
    +1 :thumbup:

Outlander earned a 5 star crash test rating from NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) and the "Top Safety Pick" from IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
    Which proves nothing since the other model it is being compared to isn't sold in the US anymore.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005

Outlander earned a 5 star crash test rating from NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) and the "Top Safety Pick" from IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)

O.T. Unfortunately it was an Outlander that was involved in the fatal crash at SCTEX in Nov. '08. The SUV occupants - a couple were among those killed on the spot.

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/135747/4...SCTEX-accident

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Even the safest cars can't prevent death in every types of accident. Nothing is invincible. If you had that same crash with a Montero Sport there is no guarantee that you would survive that crash too or even any other car for that matter. Bottomline drive safely.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasVN View Post
    Hi,

For me Montero since you have a family na. Like me, I feel that I made a mistake, when I bought my Ford Escape, 1 pa lang anak namin... then ngayon 2 na, sobrang sikip na ng escape or yung isang car namin.. dapat pala 7 seater na binili namin dati... un lang
    Couldnt agree more..pag may pamilya na its always the bigger car if I was given a choice. Aside from the kids, si yaya din tsaka mga gamit ng bata like strollers and the mandatory bags ng pamalit ng damit at mga bote, not to mention the toys na hindi maiwan ng mga bata sa bahay everytime aalis..Diba minsan pag namasyal sa mall nag shopping na si misis, sinabayan pa ng grocery..hala san ngayon itatambak ang gamit tapos tulog pa yung bata gusto nakahiga...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Even the safest cars can't prevent death in every types of accident. Nothing is invincible. If you had that same crash with a Montero Sport there is no guarantee that you would survive that crash too or even any other car for that matter. Bottomline drive safely.
    +1 on this. any car would not survive that kind of crash and impact.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    For me Montero...space, its better to have one and not need it, than not to have it when you need it..I think ok lang yan na daily driver,sanayan lang yan. di naman siya ganon kalaki
    like a condom.. comes in handy

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    yes i agree, that's why that outlander was unfortunate

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    MS! higher, bigger, newer..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
09 Motero Sport GLS SE vs. 09 Outlander GLS sport