New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oldiskuul View Post
    simple lang sagot dyan wala na paligoy ligoy pa....pataas nanaman ang gas ngyn! kng mapera ka bale wala syo yun gastos sa gas, pero kng wala ka pera tulad ko. sa matpid ka sa gas.. yun lng yun. 2 magkaibang kotse pero isa lng ang gamit nila parehas dadalhin ka sa nais mong puntahan. wala yun sa porma o presyo ng kotse...kasi isa lng naman nagpapatakbo nun kung hindi gasolina. we all know na ang katapat ng city is vios then altis vs civic. kya malamang talo ang city.
    Yup I agree, there's a mismatch between the comparisons. Kaya ako lang ata nagchoose ng city

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The others are choosing the Altis for the simple fact its a class above. Kung sa eroplano naka business class ka sa Altis/Civic, pag naka City/Vios ka economy class pag naka Camry/Accord ka first class. Something like that...

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    thanks for your opinions. I'm really inclined to buy the 1.5 City but the price is making me think again. I have looked around different dealerships and Honda cant really give any freebies aside from the usual tint, matting, seat cover etc. Other dealerships cant even offer rustproofing for free. Unlike the other brands, take the Mazda 3 for example, it's 865k model comes with a 65k discount so it's priced around the 1.5 City but the Mazda 3's FC isn't good for my pure city everyday route. The 1.6 G Altis comes with an 859k SRP with 15k discount. Then an agent offered me free insurance so it's priced almost the same as the 1.5 City. I forgot to mention that the Altis already has auto-climate control unlike the City that's manual.

I still can't decide between the 2. From what I've read, the FC of the 2 isn't that much of a big difference. Is this true? thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Honda will never ever give a good deal on the City and the Jazz. They probably will give one on Accord and CR-V. These (City and Jazz) are their best sellers so if they can't close a deal because of lack of freebies they can always get someone else to take the plunge (ala Nestea ). Mazda/Ford has always been very generous with deals I guess thats their way to grab people to buy their cars as they are slow sellers in general. Especially the Mazda 3 is an outgoing model already so they gotta get rid of those ASAP.

So again as I have suggested prior. Go for the Corolla Altis with roughly the same price (due to discounts). I think this is a no brainer comparison already.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If you're a guy, consider a Mitsubishi Strada pick-up.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    * Horsepower,

thanks for the suggestion but I don't see anything I can put at the back of a pickup on an everyday basis. I think the trunk of either the City or Altis is good enough for my use.

I know it's not a fair comparison since the two cars I mentioned are classed differently from each other but my comparison is based on the price of the 2 cars. Since I'm leaning towards the 1.5 City before, I looked around different cars that fall around it's price range to see if I'm getting my money's worth.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    maganda talaga altis .. un dn pnagpiliian ko bago ko kinuha ung 1.5e ko .. konti lng kc price diffrence eh. . mabigat ang body ng altis kahit 1.6 engine pa bago makaandar sunog na gas mo.. sa katagalan mas malaki matitipid mo sa city,.. d naman inferior ang city 2009 kung sa porma lang may dating din talga. . kung wla ka pake sa gas wag k mag city mag mazda 3 ka na . konti lng dn nmn ang diffrence sa price.. hehe

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i'll go for altis anytime

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by raponskie View Post
    maganda talaga altis .. un dn pnagpiliian ko bago ko kinuha ung 1.5e ko .. konti lng kc price diffrence eh. . mabigat ang body ng altis kahit 1.6 engine pa bago makaandar sunog na gas mo.. sa katagalan mas malaki matitipid mo sa city,.. d naman inferior ang city 2009 kung sa porma lang may dating din talga. . kung wla ka pake sa gas wag k mag city mag mazda 3 ka na . konti lng dn nmn ang diffrence sa price.. hehe
    malaki ba yung difference sa body weight ng Altis over City? ilang km/s liter ang difference nila assuming the same driving conditions & the same driver? malaki ba?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    The Altis 1.6G weighs 1205 kg. The City 1.5, on the other hand, weighs 1145 kg. That's a difference of 60 kilos. Yes, the Altis is heavier, but you get a safer and more stable car for that extra weight. In terms of FC, the Altis can do 8-10 km/l in the city and about 12-16 km/l in the highway, depending on your driving style. The City should have at least 2-3 km/l advantage over the Altis. Styling-wise, it's subjective. It's the radical and funky vs the traditional and "more mature." Take your pick.

I disagree with raponskie's implication that the Altis has poor acceleration. The City definitely feels lighter (it should be) since it's a class below the Altis, but the Altis has decent to good acceleration. It's not thrilling in terms of performance, but it's not really meant to be like that anyway. Acceleration is good enough for everyday mixed city/highway driving, with ample power and torque should you see the need to overtake.

Don't forget to test drive these two cars, so that you'll know which really is the better one for you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
09 City 1.5E or 09 Altis 1.6 G a/t