New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    I'm inclined towards the City before but when I checked out the 1.6G a/t Altis after discounts & freebies, halos ganun na rin ang price. Mas malaki pa. Main difference na nakikita ko is Drum yung rear ng Altis while the City doesnt have Streering wheel audio control & the speedlock. Ayaw kasi magbigay ng Honda ng discount e. Ang main concern ko na lang is fuel consumption. Malaki ba ang difference nila? Ang route ko ngayon is Laguna-Makati everyday. Grabe ang traffic lagi sa SLEX.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    For me, I'd pick the City 1.5E especially with the gray color, it's nice. But if you're comparing the 1.5E City with the 1.6V or to the 2.0V, id pick the altis.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Better to go with the bigger car na. It's gonna be more comfortable especially if you're gonna bring it out of town.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'm also choosing between theses 2 models.

I'm leaning more towards the City. Kasi, 2 airbags, disc rear brakes, more power, 120hp vs 109 for the Altis, lighter, bigger trunk and supposedly better fuel consumption. 5 speed A/T vs 4 for Altis.

Sa Altis, bigger body and better ride.

Guess best way to choose is to test drive both cars.

How I wish Honda will give discounts or at least free items man lang.
    Last edited by userfriendly; June 13th, 2009 at 02:58 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Kung ako i'd choose the Altis. Its bigger and yet very efficient. Ang difference ng engine displacement is only 0.1Liter between the two, so i'd choose the bigger one na. Hindi ba ang Altis 1.6G has 2 airbags and rear disc brakes na?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    i'll definitely choose the altis. it's better to have a bigger car.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Altis is a +1 on the size. But the comparison isn't even. It's like you're comparing an altis to an avanza.

So maybe to the TS, would you consider changing the choices? From city -> Lancer EX instead?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I would also go for the Altis. Space advantage for me trumps all the other advantages of the City.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    The comparison seems to be a mismatch, since we are comparing the top model of the smaller car with the mid-range model of the larger car.

But if I am to pick among these two, I'll take the Altis anytime because...

1. I'm not really a fan of the City's external appearance. Maybe it's just me, though.
    2. Space will always be an advantage, and you'll appreciate it. Even if you're just driving by yourself most of the time, you'll still never know when you'll have to "ferry" more people and/or cargo than usual.
    3. The Altis, being a bigger car, feels more stable in the highway, thanks to a few added kilos of weight. NVH insulation seems better in the Altis as well.
    4. Because of having a bigger body, the Altis might feel a little "sluggish" as compared to the City. However, it's a good thing to note that the engine is very fuel efficient, as it gives excellent fuel economy for its class.
    5. The City may have more horsepower, but would you really need that much considering the conditions of your everyday route? The Altis has just the right amount of power and torque you'll need for everyday use. Yes, it's not very powerful, but it's never underpowered either.

Does it seem biased? Hahaha... We have experienced test driving both cars, and although the City has the "porma" factor, we found the Altis more practical as an everyday car because of the reasons I stated above. In the end, though, it's still your call. I suggest you personally test drive both cars as well and then determine which suits your needs better.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    But it also shows us that Honda has vastly overpriced their cars to the point that people are cross shopping bigger cars from other brands already... The City and Jazz 1.5L are both more expensive than the base Altis 1.6E...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
09 City 1.5E or 09 Altis 1.6 G a/t