New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Hi All,

Nice to meet you all!

This is my first post. I have test drive a wrx this week, I think I liked it, na overwhelmed ako sa acceleration niya! It was a great experience. The one im using now is a stock and beaten 96 lancer. I enjoy cornering with our lancer but i was put off by the heavyness of the subie clutch.

Now I wonder if the subie will fit me?

I also took the gta for a test drive, no complaints for an evryday car.

Tia!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The GTA a 2.0L non-turbo regular FWD Lancer, the WRX is AWD turbocharged 2.5L flat four. That's an apples to oranges comparison on performance alone. The clutch will be heavier on the WRX because of the power it has, if it used the same clutch as the Lancer GT it would burn it the first year you own it. If you like the power get the WRX but if you feel the clutch is too much for you on a daily basis with the traffic then get the Lancer.

BTW that WRX power comes at the expense of fuel economy so unless you don't mind spending money to feel that power then the Lancer may be a better choice.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    yup2, u certainly wont get the same acceleration with the lancer. i'd go for the subbie na lang. unless you drive in 100% city driving then the lancer is logical choice. but if its going to be your 2nd or 3rd car then get the wrx. the direct comparison of the lancer gta would be the impreza 2.0 A/T which can be had for around 1.1m

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    the wrx and the lancer has a large power difference which explains the price gap. if you could afford one, go get the wrx since oil prices are cheaper for now
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Guys,

If you were to choose between Subaru Impreza 2.0 R Sport AT vs Mitsubishi Lancer EX GT-A, what will you choose? and why? Price is almost the same, engine both 2.0, AWD vs RWD?

Thanks

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm... hard choice. But if it would be the only car to drive daily and weekends,.. I choose the Mitsu Lancer EX-GTA.

(Niky would probably whoop my ass if he reads this)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Base on C! magazine review Mitsubishi Lancer EX-GTA won... the new Lancer loss only for the AWD features of Subaru.. for me Lancer na..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    lancer for me. it's easier to live with and theoretically has better acceleration. plus, handling is quite nice
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    i would be biased na pag sinabi kong subaru na ko kasi if i were to choose diba? sasamantalahin ko na haha! pero no. reality check siguro kung everyday driving then id go for the lancer. i feel its really a big car na compare sa mga previous gen. masarap din idrive yan for sure. kung porma gala lang naman at special occasions edi subaru na woot hehe :D
    pero if i'll follow what my heart desires at walang restrictions then its really the subaru po kahit na ba pinataob nanaman siya ng lancer sa features

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasVN View Post
    Guys,

If you were to choose between Subaru Impreza 2.0 R Sport AT vs Mitsubishi Lancer EX GT-A, what will you choose? and why? Price is almost the same, engine both 2.0, AWD vs RWD?

Thanks
    RWD ba ang Lancer GT-A?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
08 WRX or 08 Lancer gta ?