what would you choose in terms of:
    roominess..
    ride comfort..
    prestige..
    city driving..

Thanks and more power to this fantastic site

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    AFAIK, a budget of bet. "1.3-1.4M" can only purchase either the Vitara or Fortuner.

Roominess: The Fortuner can accomodate seven passengers and some small luggage or the third row folded to accomodate larger cargoes. The Vitara can accomodate five passengers with space for larger luggages at the cargo area. AFAIK, bet. the two, the Fortuner is bigger based on dimensions.

Ride comfort: I havent ridden on a Vitara yet. The Vitara is no longer a *pure* ladder frame design now, right? I think this make it less bumpier on the road there more comfortable than a Fortuner.

Prestige: Well, *most* people find the Toyota badge more prestigious than a Suzuki which lots of people I know, often associates it with the motorcycles on those tricycles. I find Toyota highly overrated, though.

City driving: The Vitara is better in this area bec. of its more nimbler stance thereby making it much easier to fit in tighter spaces than a big fat burly Fortuner.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    AFAIK, a budget of bet. "1.3-1.4M" can only purchase either the Vitara or Fortuner.

Roominess: The Fortuner can accomodate seven passengers and some small luggage or the third row folded to accomodate larger cargoes. The Vitara can accomodate five passengers with space for larger luggages at the cargo area. AFAIK, bet. the two, the Fortuner is bigger based on dimensions.

Ride comfort: I havent ridden on a Vitara yet. The Vitara is no longer a *pure* ladder frame design now, right? I think this make it less bumpier on the road there more comfortable than a Fortuner.

Prestige: Well, *most* people find the Toyota badge more prestigious than a Suzuki which lots of people I know, often associates it with the motorcycles on those tricycles. I find Toyota highly overrated, though.

City driving: The Vitara is better in this area bec. of its more nimbler stance thereby making it much easier to fit in tighter spaces than a big fat burly Fortuner.
    is it really more spacious sa fortuner kesa grand vitara? i mean, baka nadaan lang sa external dimensions?

yup, no longer pure ladder frame yung GV, so it'll give you a better ride.

i'd prefer the GV, it's got ground clearance in case of floods, while still being smaller for extra agility during traffic.

prestige? go ask the people at Pikes Peak hillclimb events and they'll ask you "Fortuner what?" while the monster Vitara tears the old record it set during last year's run. hehehe. i'm a sucker for vehicles with motorsport roots.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    the fortuner is not really spacious sa loob. pickup body eh. padded lang sa labas para mas mukang plump. get the vitara

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    d ba ang subaru forester nasa 1.25m lang yung 2.0 ang 2.5 xt ata ang mahal

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hmmm. GV na lang pero hintayin mo sir yung Diesel.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    roominess.. >>> Fortuner

ride comfort.. >>> Forester

prestige.. >>> Depends on your perception... I don't really believe in brand perception

city driving.. >>> Forester

my choice would be the Forester. but I'd take a LONG hard look also at the Sorento.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yes, the Sorento 4x4 CRDi :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i think the Subie Forester is the most carlike of the choices.

the GV is more like a compact Fortuner gasoline with car-ish refinement. while the Fortuner is the truckiest of the bunch, the most pretigious and most practical choice.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93
    is it really more spacious sa fortuner kesa grand vitara? i mean, baka nadaan lang sa external dimensions?
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    AFAIK, bet. the two, the Fortuner is bigger based on dimensions.
    I mentioned that the Fortuner appears bigger appearance-wise and based on measurements or dimension comparison bet. the two vehicles. But since, I dont have a Vitara, I couldnt say exactly or definitely which is one is bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    the fortuner is not really spacious sa loob. pickup body eh. padded lang sa labas para mas mukang plump. get the vitara
    So you're saying the Fortuner looks big from the outside but small on the inside? If that is so, I beg to disagree. So far the vehicles I know that is like this are both the Mitsubishi Montero Sport and Ford Everest. Both these vehicles require a slight "hunch" seating position and that is because most the underside components were attached to a deliberately higher floor for off-roading purposes. Good for off-roading, bad for passenger comfort. The Fortuner is nothing like this.

************************************************** ************************************************** **************

*triggerman222

The Forester 2.0 = Php 1,300,000.00
    Forester 2.5 = Php 1,650,000.00

If you go for the Forester 2.0, it does go within your budget.

In terms of ride comfort and city driving, this vehicle fits the bill perfectly. Although, I don't find roominess as one of its strong points. It was quite cramped containing two petite ladies and a 5'6 150lbs guy at the passenger row.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
06 grand vitara vs 06 subaru forester 2.0 vs toyota fortuner 2.7