New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Alin ba mas sulit? Both are spacious and fun to drive. Prices nila hindi magka layo.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    <double post>
    Last edited by oldblue; May 30th, 2006 at 06:45 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kung bata ka pa as in in your teens or in your 20's.

1.5 Jazz vtec. the success of the high headroom cars will start a new trend. ika nga futuristic ang dating. just like in European cities and other highly developed Asian cities. kung dati pangit ang toyota echo, ngaun yan ang hanap hanap ng new generation. mga typical sedan types and mala-tangke na SUV like Pajero/Patrol and others kakasawa na.

just watch old futuristic movies like Back to Future 3, Demolition Man, Minority Report. Cars come in odd shapes and sizes. yan Jazz and others like it are a sign of things to come.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for me, civic if it's your first car. jazz naman kung 2nd car mo.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    With the current 1.8 nearly as fuel efficient as the 1.5, the Civic is a great choice.

In terms of driving excitement, the Civic is faster (MT vs MT) and handles well, with quick and light steering... but the Jazz is very nimble and easy to drive. In fact, I took a 1.3 iDSi out for a spin last week and enjoyed myself immensely, despite the lack of power. (Yes it still steers better than the Getz... that's what I was trying to find out).

If you don't need the space for that 5th person in the back seat, the Jazz is a more flexible option in terms of cargo capacity. Plus, it's bound to be easier to park.

Both great cars, and it's a matter of priorities, I guess. But if we're going apples to apples at the price, the Jazz in that price range still costs less, gets better mags, a bodykit, ABS and Airbags. The bottom of the line Civic has no ABS, 1 airbag and tiny wheels. The Civic that matches up to the top-of-the-line Jazz still costs about 800k... (1.8S) and still no mag-upgrade.

Still, the Civic's price is very tempting... I'd flip a coin on this one.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    both are very good cars... pero i'd get the civic nlg, 1.8v ba? upgrade nlg in the future

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Yup 1.8 sana. The thing with the civic though is baka mag labas sila ng 2.0 na 197hp like the Si in the states. Thats the model im really waiting for. im kinda leaning to the jazz right now I just notice medyo bouncy yung ride ng jazz compared to the new civic maybe its becoz of the wheelbase but its tolerable.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ako din Civic ang vote ko.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    kung mag jazz ka mag civic 06 ka na! Fuel economy parehas lang. pagnabangga ka ng dump truck baka buhay ka pa sa civic dahil mas malaki!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 2slow
    Yup 1.8 sana. The thing with the civic though is baka mag labas sila ng 2.0 na 197hp like the Si in the states. Thats the model im really waiting for. im kinda leaning to the jazz right now I just notice medyo bouncy yung ride ng jazz compared to the new civic maybe its becoz of the wheelbase but its tolerable.
    Don't count on Honda Phil to introduce here the Civic Si... there just isn't enough market here for two-door sedans. Plus if they ever sold one here, I estimate that its price might be almost double as that of the base model Civic (P767,000).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
06 civic 1.8 VS. 06 Jazz 1.5 vtec