New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ldrei View Post
    OO nga pala guys, regarding sa Civic, what would you suggest? The MT or the AT? Kasi yung MT walang airbags at walang ABS unlike sa AT. Kaya lng yung AT sa age niya baka magkaproblema na. Kasi sabi nila usually ang AT pang 10 years lng or let me just say nagkkaproblema na pag inabot ng 10 years. Tapos replacement daw ang kadalasan nangyayari sa mga AT hindi katulad sa MT na maintenance lng ng clutch lining.
    The A/T is not as bad as you think. All but one of our cars are A/T, no problem whatsoever. Just change the ATF on time and there's not much else to do. Its just that A/T cars are generally less fuel efficient and less responsive as compared to their manual counterparts. Exaggeration yang 10 years na yan.

Pero meron namang VTi-S na M/T ah. Here's one. Honda Civic MT - 03 | Cars for sale Pasig | AyosDito.ph

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    We have an 01 Civic VTI M/T.

It has been serving us well since day 1 and could still do the job. Some minor problems before like erratic idling and MIL lit up but those didn't recur anymore. I have also replaced some parts in the power steering, I forgot the name but it is in the brake area and radiator. Fuel consumption, it could still run roughly about 340 kms tops in one full tank but it depends on the traffic condition and how it was driven or in short, it depends on the circumstances. The least would be 300 km in a full tank. I fill up in SeaOil coming from Shell and Petron.

The problematic parts are those in the suspension area. Well I guess that is already a given considering the road conditions here in the metro. For its transmission, I am still using the original although I could feel that it is slowly deteriorating.

I always make sure to have it serviced every 5k kms and always keeping in check those filters, fluid levels, belt condition, etc perhaps that is why it is still in great shape until now. By the way, it has clocked more than 175k kms already.

Price for maintenance, I still bring it to the dealer (Honda Fairview), and I don't really find it expensive, probably for a simple tune up and change oil, it would cost less than 3k. But for major repairs, depends on the parts.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Guys yung Altis 2001-2007 same din pala range ng price compared to the Civic and Vios. Any comments regarding sa Altis? Will I consider it to be one of my choices?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yes it is. Depends on you. I'd say Altis is to luxury as Civic is to sporty. There are some issues with this model though, like the often-complained poor driving position/quality of seats and the infamous sludging issues with the 1.6L models. Apart from that though, it is a very nice car.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Well I guess I'll just have to stick with the Civic and the Vios. Confusing pala bumili ng 2nd hand car. Hehe!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hahaha~ Kung Vios vs ES Civic, Civic parin. The Vios is very light, which makes it much less stable in highway speeds. My height is at around 5"10, but my head would be brushing the ceiling already when seated at the rear. There's not much legroom either. Trunk is smallish and the plastics quality is terrible.

How much exactly is your budget, by the way?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i'd get the civic. More room tsaka feeling ko maiistiff neck ako dun sa gauge niya sa gitna.. lol

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    this is interesting. i think the choices has a price range bet 260k - 320k. I'm planning to help my brod-in-law get one in the list plus the crv gen1.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Yun din ang isang problema sa Vios. Parang naliliitan ako. And by the way GTi, same heaight lang tayo 5 10 din ako. Ahaha! My budget is around 200k to 300k only. Ang Vios sa fuel efficiency at piyesa talagang lamang. Pero ang pangit sa kanya maliit at parang hindi okay sakin yung porma. Ang Civic mas malaki space, mas malakas ang makina, at mas okay ang dating.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I have driven a 1st gen Vios 1.3E a few times before. Di ako nasanay sa electronic throttle niya. Konting dagdag lang sa pressure on takeoff will have it shooting to 4000rpm. Kung hindi maingat sa clutch, mabilis din mamatayan ng makina. I had to add pressure to the throttle before shifting to 1st or else the engine will stall. Not sure if all of them are like this. Front seat space is OK, though I don't know how much of the rear seat space was taken for it to be this way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast