The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Link to original article below

Yahoo!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    that article is based in the states right? that's why the lancer is in there, americans really hate mitsubishi and i have no idea why.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    that article is based in the states right? that's why the lancer is in there, americans really hate mitsubishi and i have no idea why.
    Bro,- from my limited discussions with Americans,- it is because Mitsubishi was a major war equipment/machine manufacturer during WWII, and with that helped kill many USAFFE soldiers.... So, they'd rather buy a Honda or a Toyota.....

20.4K:froggy:

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Ferrari California?
    REALLY?????

I can name a bunch of shittier convertibles

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bro,- from my limited discussions with Americans,- it is because Mitsubishi was a major war equipment/machine manufacturer during WWII, and with that helped kill many USAFFE soldiers.... So, they'd rather buy a Honda or a Toyota.....

what? this is the first i've heard of this reason.:bwahaha: i pretty much grew up there and never have i once heard that reason why they stay away from mitsu. most of the reason i heard was because of the poor quality of mitsu plus bad after sales service.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    what? this is the first i've heard of this reason.:bwahaha: i pretty much grew up there and never have i once heard that reason why they stay away from mitsu. most of the reason i heard was because of the poor quality of mitsu plus bad after sales service.
    Yan din alam ko. Pero sa totoo mahina din talaga kasi naging network nang mitsu sa US kaya ganyan, bagsak sa after sales service.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    You're most probably correct bro. since you said you lived there and knows the local car industry (obviously) better, while I only visit the area every so often and get to talk only to a handful of people every time I was there(limited information). But I heard this from at least a couple of individuals.

(Although, you said earlier that you have no idea why.... anyway)
    But come to think of it,- Toyota, Honda and Nissan are there,- but why Mitsubishi??? (in spite of its alliance for a while with DaimlerChrysler)....

Last edited by CVT; August 8th, 2013 at 10:53 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    And they have these cases of hiding defects which further damaged their reputation. Suzuki also had to pull out of the North American Market because of lousy sales network

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i said i have no idea why because i've never owned a mitsu in the states, but from driving a friends lancer gt-a it seems that build quality is ok naman so i have no idea why the americans are saying that the build quality is poor. the lancers build quality isn't top notch but it isn't poor either. after sales service is terrible though based on feedbacks from pretty much every american mitsubishi owner.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

But come to think of it,- Toyota, Honda and Nissan are there,- but why Mitsubishi??? (in spite of its alliance for a while with DaimlerChrysler)....

Same reasons Filipinos shun Nissan cars. Certain models have lousy reliability that damaged the brand (eg:box type Sentra, Vannette) and below par after sales.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast