New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    i am torn between a rav4, escape and crv. My budget is around 300-400 and i'm not really that knowledgeable when it comes to car issues. My main concern is durability, and consumption. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If FC is your concern, forget the 2nd gen CR-V as its a guzzler. I'd probably look for a Rav4.

Durability, it really depends on how the previous owner maintained the car.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    If FC is your concern, forget the 2nd gen CR-V as its a guzzler. I'd probably look for a Rav4.

Durability, it really depends on how the previous owner maintained the car.

Sa consumption,- talo ka lahat diyan...
    15.3K:jazzybass:

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    mag vios ka na lang kung concern mo ay durability and consumption

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hindi lang pagiging guzzler yung issue ng Gen. 2 CRV, pati comfort sablay.

Kung gusto mo talaga ng CRV, mag Gen. 1 ka nalang.

Pero sa choices mo, dun nalang ako sa RAV4. Talo ka rin naman sa fuel economy ng Escape, although maganda comfort niya.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    pag M/T na escape, ok yun. pero kung 2.0 then A/T talong talo, pero kung 2.3A/T okae ung consumption niya, reasonable naman.

Mukhang ok naman gen2 CRV, malakas lang talga ung K20 ng CRV sa gas because it's detuned and nabibigatan for the CRV's body.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    if you're goin for the 2.0M/T and 2.3A/t escape, then FC is quite well but with the 2.0A/t then you're just as good as the CRV. but the ride is wowowow!

If only the CRV's K20 is tuned for the CRV's weight then, it would most likely be good. Pero hinde.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Paps inenglish mo lang ah.

Hmmmm. Experience ko sa 3.0 V6 Escape na A/T. 5.5km/L City driving.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boying181975 View Post
    i am torn between a rav4, escape and crv. My budget is around 300-400 and i'm not really that knowledgeable when it comes to car issues. My main concern is durability, and consumption. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
    Kung durability ang usapan, Escape hands down. The 2.3L Escape is also the most powerful among the three, and yet gives reasonable gas mileage. I like its looks best among the three and the ride and handling is very good too. The Escape is also the newest you can get for your budget. I find the Rav4 to be rather cramped inside and they say the ride is rather bumpy. The CRV is notorious for bad fuel consumption, though space is abundant as seen by the fact that it can support a 3rd row.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I really just cant help but notice the similarity of your thread's tittle to mine which was posted some months ago. Also, same kinda problem din..hehehe! Though in my case, Escape is my first choice and ended up with it. Thru the help of tsikoteers, and also sir GTi, i've considered acquiring the 2.3l Ford Escape 2005 model. We're residing at Bacoor Cavite and working in Intramuros. My gas consumption is 8.00 to 8.5km/L, mixed of highway and city driving.

I love our Escape. Meron part sa coastal going to cavite na medyo rough road. Doon yung part na iiwanan ko yung makukulit na sasakyan na parang bulate..hahaha!

Please note that since 2nd hand yung car, you may expect to replace some parts of the car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast