New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    can anyone give any sound, logical reasons of choosing a crosswind over an innova?

i like that the crosswind uses an older(but still efficient) engine, since it would most probably be easier to maintain/fix. Other than that and the price, i really can't see any other pluses over the innova...

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    can anyone give any sound, logical reasons of choosing a crosswind over an innova?

i like that the crosswind uses an older(but still efficient) engine, since it would most probably be easier to maintain/fix. Other than that and the price, i really can't see any other pluses over the innova...
    tough question, the more i think of an answer the more it leads me to recommend an SUV of the same price.

hmmm, sometimes there are people who prefer the side by side kind of seating at the back?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    For me i choose Innova for some reason i see some crosswind idle like we see on most Public Utility Jeep like a real diesel engine noise in idle and also a black smoke when acceleration and on idle. Just my observation.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    guys yung crosswind isuzu engine kahit 200+ thousand mileage na natakbo stable pa din yung makina kaya marami pa rin bumibili nito. just my opinion

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    tama ba, the crosswind's FC is at par/better than the D4D innova?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008

You hit it right, bro.

Easy maintenance and the reliability even at higher mileage. These are actually the reasons why I bought one three years ago. Mine is still at the 25,000 mark but my bro-in-law uses one that has already reached 200,000 kilometers and engine is still sound as the day it was bought in 2006.

Other than these, the other car is much better.

As to the fuel consumption, I think it is at par.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Innova is a much better car, overall.

The Crosswind's steel is butter-soft... it's not very strong in a crash (the Innova has never been crash-tested, but it's a newer design and the body feels stiffer) and the (heavy) doors come out of alignment easily. There are tons of squeaks and rattles inside, the plastic is cheap, the fuses suck, the brakes are dismal, and ABS isn't available. handling is a cross between a VW Beetle and a bus. It's a dismal car.

But the engine will last forever, if you care for it properly. Our main Crosswind is 177,000 kilometers old, and all we've replaced so far is the shocks, suspension bushings, a bearing in the pulley, one clutch and one battery. No problems with the fuel system (and I've filled it a few times from the "takal-takal" sari-sari stores), still runs well, still gets over 10 km/l in traffic. The other two have had problems... we had to top-overhaul the Highlander at 150,000 kms, but that was bought secondhand, and poorly maintained... besides, the Highlander isn't a 4JA1 engine, and I'm selling it off. The other Crosswind is an XTO, at 160,000 kilometers, it's needed calibration, but nothing else... and my dad ran that one until the oil in the sump was sludge... :hysterical: ...wondering about selling the Highlander and XTO and buying a newer XT or XTi model.

An Innova is much more refined, safer and will probably give you less problems with body integrity, but few direct injection diesels will last over 100,000 kilometers locally without problems due to our fuel quality. And some Innova owners experience fuel pump failures as early as 40,000 kilometers.

If you need a car as tough as a cockroach, the Crosswind is a good bet. It's one of the few cars that will survive a nuclear blast...

I hate my Crosswind... But I love my Crosswind. I love it because I use it to do all the dirty work around the house, and I'm using it to transport stuff around after the flood. ;)
    Last edited by niky; September 27th, 2009 at 08:05 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Crosswind.

I saw a X-wind XTRM cross by our street which the flood is nearly waist deep. May mga bystanders na sumabit sa likod just for them to pass through without going through the flood.

Minani lang nung crosswind, parang wala. :hysterical:

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009

yes, very reliable, the crosswind that is, i have a 2001 crosswind xto, and it still is running very well, efficient at that, and isuzu's reputation with its diesel engines to boot, however, when i was recently in ho chi minh city, vietnam, all the taxis there where practically toyota innovas! and the city's reputation of 9 million people, with 5 million motorcycles, the innova is practically everywhere, after the motorcycles!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Vietnam has only recently started getting into cars... so it's still a small market.

You'll see more Crosswinds in Indonesia and Malaysia.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
why choose the crosswind over the innova...