New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Filipino
    It's just a parody. But I like that "article", if you can call it that.
    'alang hiyang article iyan :rofl01:

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can think of the high tax as a blessing... cuz if cars here were cheaper... we would have more issues with traffic and stuff. Get what I mean? I mean it takes how long to travel 5kms during rush hour here in metro manila? I can't imagine what life would be like if expeditions where like 1.5M and the camry would be for less than a 1M, i'd probably give up and move away hahahaha

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by machracer View Post
    You can think of the high tax as a blessing... cuz if cars here were cheaper... we would have more issues with traffic and stuff. Get what I mean? I mean it takes how long to travel 5kms during rush hour here in metro manila? I can't imagine what life would be like if expeditions where like 1.5M and the camry would be for less than a 1M, i'd probably give up and move away hahahaha
    Cheaper cars would mean the fleet of cars on the road would be newer and probably safer.

The reason why we have so much old cars on the road is that new cars are expensive. This has an affect on the safety of cars on the road.

Cheaper cars wouldn't result in people buying more cars than they need. A P1M Camry is still P1M of money.

The problem we have now is the high number of motorcycles and scooters on the road who do no have discipline to follow proper road rules.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Cheaper cars doesn't necessarily mean more people driving them.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    Cheaper cars doesn't necessarily mean more people driving them.
    Yup. People will not go out to buy new cars simply because they are "cheap".

What would happen would probably be that people would replace their cars more often than keeping it for ten years or more.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Another way taking all those junk off the road is to adopt ala US "Cash for Clunkers" program.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Philippine gov't has no money to do a cash for clunkers... The auto industry here is very small selling roughly 125,000 units a year for all manufacturers including even trucks and buses... WIth Juan De La Cruz having so few resources there are other more pressing issues thus propping up the auto industry and removing old cars from the road is the least of Juan's concern...
    Last edited by tidus1203; January 13th, 2010 at 07:43 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Not to mention more foreign "junk" being dumped here.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Cheaper cars would mean the fleet of cars on the road would be newer and probably safer.

The reason why we have so much old cars on the road is that new cars are expensive. This has an affect on the safety of cars on the road.

Cheaper cars wouldn't result in people buying more cars than they need. A P1M Camry is still P1M of money.

The problem we have now is the high number of motorcycles and scooters on the road who do no have discipline to follow proper road rules.
    very well explained. Sabihin nating mas mura na ang mga sasakyan. I would buy a Pajero and a Lancer, but that is already enough. It doesnt mean na dahil mas mura, eh magtatatlong kotse ako diba. All I need is two cars pa rin (mas bago nga lang).

and right, motorcycles ang problem.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I don't think cheaper car prices would equal more car sales. Cheaper cars would mean people who buy cars would just "upgrade" the purchase and buy the the car that they can afford (Car A costs 1M, Car B costs 1.5M ; I can only afford Car A--> With new lower price Car A is P700k and Car B is 1M: Now I'll just buy Car B instead of A).

The only time more car sales would increase is if they offered cars at lower price points (brand new Toyota at say P150k would be an extreme example) thus broadening the market.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Why are cars in the Philippines expensive?