Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    try to buy here in Singapore...

and driving it here is another story...

cheers!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yeah right i hope in the near future we can have a national car un gawang pinoy hahahahaha when that be????
    the market has spoken

the "national car" isnt a car

it's a motorcycle

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    The tax is in place to discourage people to drive, like a "sin" tax. Kung kasing mura ang kotse sa Pinas tulad ng US at Japan, eh baka di na tayo makagalaw sa kalsada. Yung lawak ng ibang kalsada di pa nagbago since the Spanish era, tulad ng sa Manila.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by m_mangalus View Post
    try to buy here in Singapore...

and driving it here is another story...

cheers!
    mismo. add mo pa HK kung saan mayaman ka talaga kung me kotse ka.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tanatej View Post
    The tax is in place to discourage people to drive, like a "sin" tax. Kung kasing mura ang kotse sa Pinas tulad ng US at Japan, eh baka di na tayo makagalaw sa kalsada. Yung lawak ng ibang kalsada di pa nagbago since the Spanish era, tulad ng sa Manila.
    Wrong, the tax was supposed to help promote the local manufacturers. A kind of protectionism of the local based industry. Unfortunately we do not have a local based car industry anymore. All we do is assemble imported parts.

If it's a "sin" tax, it should be implemented every year upon registration and should get higher with every year the car is on the road, like what is done in Hong Kong and Singapore. This prevents cars that are already rolling junk heaps from getting back on the road.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Wrong, the tax was supposed to help promote the local manufacturers. A kind of protectionism of the local based industry. Unfortunately we do not have a local based car industry anymore. All we do is assemble imported parts.

If it's a "sin" tax, it should be implemented every year upon registration and should get higher with every year the car is on the road, like what is done in Hong Kong and Singapore. This prevents cars that are already rolling junk heaps from getting back on the road.

+1 on this

and if it is suppose to be a sin tax how come even squatters can afford motorcycles

in my opinion luxury cars and econoboxes should be tax 200% so that only those who can afford to maintain it can buy it. and that the roads wont be congested... government then should use the taxes for building mass transportation... not buses and jeeps but subways, trams and monorails

toll fee should be minimum of 500pesos a pop

am i being too selfish? bah humbug hehehe

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    There's Tsikot.biz, and there's AutoTrader. Lot of cars are the same, but no two prices alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    in my opinion luxury cars and econoboxes should be tax 200% so that only those who can afford to maintain it can buy it. and that the roads wont be congested... government then should use the taxes for building mass transportation... not buses and jeeps but subways, trams and monorails

toll fee should be minimum of 500pesos a pop

am i being too selfish? bah humbug hehehe
    So everyone would walk, then?

Our government is not smart enough to make trains or promote buses, they're not even smart enough to make roads.

And all of that's kinda stupid, 'coz it would just maintain the "elitist" status of owning a car.

That is just muthaf*ckin bat f*ck insane b*tch!!!
    http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Filipino
    It's just a parody. But I like that "article", if you can call it that.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

GH is correct, tariffs are placed to protect the non-existent local auto industry. But jacking up auto prices to avoid congestion is...uhm...stupid*.

[SIZE=1]*for lack of a better word

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Eto pa quote:[/SIZE][SIZE=1]

[/SIZE]
    At sa bundok ng basurahan sa Subic ay pinulot ng isang Kano at pinuhunanan ng tatlumpong dolyares ang isang kotseng Rambler at ibinenta sa isang Pinoy sa presyong dalawang libong piso at tuwang-tuwa ang bobong Pinoy."
    -"Bob Ong"
    Last edited by roberto_minosa; December 27th, 2009 at 02:27 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    you are being to serious and you dont get my point dont be too subjective when reading posts what im saying is that if govt will jack up the prices of cars and toll fees including parking fees and use it correctly to build mass transportaion hell owning a car would be more of a luxury so it would be more convenient to use monorails subways or trams as i've mentioned much like hk and singapore ....quicker and cheaper im sure you wouldnt be keeping your sorry ass innova if this happens here in the philippines

(Our government is not smart enough to make trains or promote buses, they're not even smart enough to make roads.)
    yes because majority of the people voting for them are much like you oh by the way i never stated that they should promote buses.

cheers and merry christmas

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    quicker and cheaper im sure you wouldnt be keeping your sorry ass innova if this happens here in the philippines
    FLAMEBAIT. ^Not smart enough to make an educated response.

yes because majority of the people voting for them are much like you oh by the way i never stated that they should promote buses.
    FLAMEBAIT. ^Not smart enough to make an educated response.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    enough said to each his own

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Why are cars in the Philippines expensive?