New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 4agze View Post
    holly crap thats almost $50,000, I was thinking my tita go screwed paying her 2009 prius for $35,000+.

Mother F**ker your Fords are way too much, a focus 1.8liter is P779,000 thats $16,000 that better be a fully loaded focus. a explorer 2WD is P2,345,000 thats $50,000 wow, here explorer is one of the cheapest full size SUV you can buy $28,000 is too much for this but if I compare it to Phil. price that really sad

yes thats how much we really pay on our ford explorer here $25,988
    http://kearnymesaford.uptracs.com/tr...styleID=313578
    The Ford Focus here in the Philippines is the European Mark II. And taxes are as low as they can get for it, since it's assembled locally. All it gets is VAT.

Gives you an idea of why Ford doesn't want to update their Focus to the Mark II in the US. It'd cost more than it does now.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I dont even want to know the used car value in Phil. made me understand why Filipino that have car even thou its a Hyundai, Kia or that China made one (for got the name) they have pride & heads are high, may be its the same feeling when I bought my first car when I was in high school working at taco bell made me appreciate my cars more. Hope by the time my turn to retire in Phil. buying a car is much better, taxes will be lower (slim chance of that happening), selection are better and street roads are better... o yeah really impressed on the new freeway NLEX (I think thats the name) last year drove on it smooth drive from Angeles Pampanga to Olongapo city SBMA, only 3 or 4 cars on it wow sad I was not in a sports car

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Cars are really expensive here. For most Pinoys, buying a car would mean a 10-15 year usage.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I agree with you TS. Cars are way too expensive in the Philippines. Hindi lang yata price of cars ang expensive sa Pilipinas.

Hindi kasi uso sa Pilipinas ang baba presyo...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    yeah right i hope in the near future we can have a national car un gawang pinoy hahahahaha when that be????

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeousairess View Post
    yeah right i hope in the near future we can have a national car un gawang pinoy hahahahaha when that be????
    When pigs fly, that's my guess.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ :hysterical:

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^^LOL, reminds me of that Simpson's episode, when pigs fly indeed.

And sadly, I'd have to agree.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    thats why having a car in the Philippines is said to be a luxury not like in the U.S which is a necessity .

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    i think nabasa ko somewhere here in tsikot that the automobile prices would eventually go down next year...not sure though..kaya nga ang pangarap ko na camaro ay di na maaabot hanggang panaginip nalang imagine from 23k US Dollars would jump as high as 75k US Dollars if i decide to import one

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Why are cars in the Philippines expensive?