New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Kung wrong section, pa-move nalang mods.

--

Pansin ko lang kasi, when people buy second hand cars, they prefer CASA maintained vehicles. And usually kapag hinde CASA maintained, ma-turn off sila. Bakit? Some CASA sell ridiculous engine oils which sometimes doesn't even reach the least specs needed for the car. So what good do you get from there?

Shops outside usually have better oils, and if you know your cars, you know which oil to get... and which oil is good for the car. For example, Motul.. CASA doesn't sell Motul, or Royal Purple or Zic or whichever. And they don't sell oil filters which are considered here as good, too. Heck, some don't even let you bring your own parts, and if they do, they charge you a corkage fee for what?? Bringing oil that's better than what they're selling.

Some CASAs have OJT as mechanics, sell overpriced parts then to top it all off make you pay a huge amount as labor. I don't think mas maganda ang CASA maintained sa kotseng "thoroughly maintained using above average parts" .. all we need as proof after all are receipts.

What do you guys think?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Like my dad said, mas may habol tayo kapag sa casa pinagawa, like say kapag pumalpak. For peace of mind na lang yung binayad na extra.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    records and "presumption of regularity" pag CASA ginawa,,,

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sabagay mas maganda pag puno yung booklet, noh?

Ako 1T PMS then 5T PMS sa CASA, pero after nun hinde na.

Sarili ko nalang ulit with my own parts. Itabi ko nalang lahat ng resibo.

Ikaw ba, Shadow, CASA pa rin lahat ng oto mo?

--

Boblax din ibang CASA e, yun FD namin hindi gumagana AC several weeks ago, nung pina-check wala naman daw problema kasi gumana dun.. ngayon hinde nanaman umandar yun AC :bwahaha:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Prestige yo. :D

But seriously, on CASA maintained, for most people it's the only way to be able to determine the service history of the car and they assume that what has to be repaired or serviced has indeed been done. When we would buy second hand cars before, it helps us verify the mileage and service history as well.

For the types who opt to have the service done outside of the CASA, it is more of the exception than the norm that people have it done at a shop of their choice so they can have leeway on the parts/fluids they use, and they proactively change what has to be changed even before the part is due for replacement. The primary reason for going outside the CASA is cost and some shops will always try to please their customers by keeping the repair/maintenance bill low by striking off some items and going for cheap replacements. If you can find someone selling his car and he/she is the type who has a 3rd party do the service so they can get more hands-on in the things they use, because they are choosy in using the best parts/fluids for their rides, they replace parts proactively in hopes of really doing "preventive maintenance", and they have the records to back it all up, then that is a good buy in most cases.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    i guess second hand buyers assume na bopols sa auto ang respective owners nila and they assume being casa maintained, it gives us the benefit of the doubt na at least maintained by the casa...

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    CASA maintained with receipts is a viewed as a stamp of approval (to people) and assurance that counterfeit and substandard "replacement" parts have not been used. It also presumes (without close inspection of receipts and records) that the vehicle has been serviced within the prescribed periods as required in the manual, using genuine parts, and utilizing the prescribed tools and equipment.

Its not limited to this country. Just watched the episode of FIFTH GEAR last week. Johnny was comparing what's its like to service your own vehicle vs having a service center do it for you. For example, he say you may save ₤ 2,000 by servicing the vehicle but you also lose the same amount when it comes resale value. vs that of a "casa maintained" vehicle.

If I'm buying a pre owned vehicle, I still prefer casa maintained with receipts compared to one that has been serviced by Mang toto's talyer. :D

As for my own vehicles, I have them serviced by a mechanic but I use the best oil and filter possible.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    As for my own vehicles, I have them serviced by a mechanic but I use the best oil and filter possible.
    Pareho tayo. :D

Meron kasi kaming mekaniko talaga pero ako namimili ng gamit na gagamitin. Tsaka pwede ko pa pagawa sakanya yung mga supposed na hindi pa gagawin sa CASA, say linis ng preno.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Personal opinion ko po ito.

Pag ung CASA ay meron rule na bawal panoorin ang vehicle mo while being serviced, yan ang mga CASA na iniiwasan ko.

Madami nga naman na auto shop na allowed ka panoorin ang car mo while ginagawa nila, kaso nga lang anong car ba talaga ang expertise nila? Honda, Toyota, Mazda, etc.

Sa CASA kasi, kahit papaano meron akong assurance na more than once nakapag handle na sila ng same vehicle na katulad ng car ko.

Car manufacturer prefered oils at original replacement parts, gives me also peace of mind.

Siguro hanga love ko pa din ang car ko ang PMS ko sa CASA pa din.

OT: parang sa choice ng car insurance, do you want to pay higher premium with a comprehensive insurance or happy ka na ba sa TPL dahil mas mura.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Sabagay mas maganda pag puno yung booklet, noh?

Ako 1T PMS then 5T PMS sa CASA, pero after nun hinde na.

Sarili ko nalang ulit with my own parts. Itabi ko nalang lahat ng resibo.

Ikaw ba, Shadow, CASA pa rin lahat ng oto mo?

--
    the most 1 year lang then wala na...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast