New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you're considering the Strada there is the new variant Strada 2.5 GLX-V VGT na siya and 4 A/T pa, 4x2 kaya lighter siya so i'm guessing na eto na ang pinakamabilis na Strada ever produced, because of the weight advantage. The price is only 1.030M.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Thank you sa advice and suggestions mga sir! Mukhang majority of the votes goes to the Lancer. Mukhang Lancer pa din ako after all these years hehe. How come walang nag vote sa city? Hindi ba sya okay? Gusto ko pa naman yung look nya (mukhang decepticons).

Scratch the Crosswind off your list. I'm just wondering why the Crosswind is included in your list because you said this: (hahaha)
    "4. Looks - My wife and I are NOT really into AUVs/ "Pang pamilya" looking vehicles"
    If the crosswind is included, why not consider the Innova.
    Hahaha… actually naisip ko din yan. I had an impression kse na best na pambyahe is SUV na diesel para any type of road pwede and matipid sa fuel so yun.

Mukhang yung Strada and Lancer ang top 2 ko ah.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    gusto ni TS diesel kaya di pasok yung tucson diesel sa 1m budget

i think the best vehicle for the TS is a Innova E 2.5 Dsl, srp ng A/T is 1,033,000 at 968,000 M/T. mayroon na din siyang ABS, AIRBAGS etc.

Factors to consider:
    1. Budget - sa M/T pasok na pasok.
    2. Over-all ride experience - very comfortable siya based on my experience
    3. Fuel consumption - SOBRANG tipid sa diesel ng innova, mashoshock ka nalang
    4. Looks - well dito lang medyo sumablay

it's really practicality vs what you want eh.

pero kung mag-sstrada ka ok din naman dahil dahil yung rear seats niya eh parang sa sedan na. lumaki ako na 99 strada yung primary ride namin nung tumanda kami ng kuya ko sobra sikip na sa likod

i wouldn't suggest the lancer EX, although malaki ang ang interior space and maporma siya, para sa akin di siya para sa mga may baby na. di siya practical eh.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
    i wouldn't suggest the lancer EX, although malaki ang ang interior space and maporma siya, para sa akin di siya para sa mga may baby na. di siya practical eh.

In what way is the Lancer EX less practical than a Corolla 2.0 or a Civic 1.8?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    * TS may Strada din na 4x2 M/T na less than 1M. You can consider that also if ayaw mo nung 4x2 A/T. Matipid yun.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    In what way is the Lancer EX less practical than a Corolla 2.0 or a Civic 1.8?
    di naman siya less practical sir. imo kasi kapag may family na the best pag AUV or SUV ang oto kasi kailangan na ng space para sa mga gamit ni baby etc etc

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    yeah, scratch off the crosswind. matagtag siya.

--

my choice would go to the Altis 1.6L variants. the ride is comfortable. the fc is good ( due to it's new and refined engine ) plus, its after-sales wont be a problem dahil sabi nga nila .. it's a Toyota.

its practical since it has a huge trunk, and i guess this is really needed on long trips for that extra luggage of yours.

and since you're after M/T variants, the altis wins since its clutch is really driver-friendly. malambot hence, madali rin timplahin. ;)

probably my next choice would be the lancer ex glx. kaya lang it wont be THAT fuel efficient since 2.0L nga and its known to be a really powerful car.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    with that budget, definitely go for the Mitsu Lancer Ex (if you can push it for the MX then do so!). In terms of looks, ride and value, IMO, the Lancer EX is the car that you will not only enjoy driving it, but looking at it in your garage everyday as well.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pongpawikan View Post
    Hello amateur and professional experts Just one of the noob guys here seeking advice on getting a new vehicle based on the topic.

Reasons for buying a new vehicle:
    1. Because I want to experience owning and driving a new vehicle (first and foremost hehe).
    2. Peace of mind as I, including my family spend every weekend away from the city (Bulacan, Zambales, Quezon, Subic, etc.). Although the car I currently drive ('96 Lancer - pizza) runs smoothly and hasn't given me any major problems, I am still hesitant to use it every weekend for long distance driving. Not sure if it is still fuel efficient as it is old plus baka biglang lumabas agad ang mga sakit.

Factors to consider:
    1. Budget - Below 1M (Half DP/ Half financed)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_guts View Post
    with that budget, definitely go for the Mitsu Lancer Ex (if you can push it for the MX then do so!). In terms of looks, ride and value, IMO, the Lancer EX is the car that you will not only enjoy driving it, but looking at it in your garage everyday as well.
    Kung hindi rin cash, parang mas maganda na wag na lang Lancer EX. Kasi ang laki ng Discount sa Lancer EX as shown from the price list of ghosthunter sa other threads.

Any brand new car naman po, 900+thousand would be a nice ride. Why not Chevy Cruze LS? Or Tucson M/T GL Gas?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    how about the nissan grand livina? it looks like a sedan and the ride is smooth. . .fuel efficient din. . .mas malaki pa ang cargo room mo (compared to a sedan) in case you need it

don't get the city, it's underpowered kapag puno ang sasakyan---not advisable for frequent long out-of-town drives. . .if it has to be a sedan, limit your options to the mid-size models (lancer, civic, altis, mazda 3, focus)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
What to get that's best for long distance driving with budget less than 1M