New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hello amateur and professional experts Just one of the noob guys here seeking advice on getting a new vehicle based on the topic.

Reasons for buying a new vehicle:
    1. Because I want to experience owning and driving a new vehicle (first and foremost hehe).
    2. Peace of mind as I, including my family spend every weekend away from the city (Bulacan, Zambales, Quezon, Subic, etc.). Although the car I currently drive ('96 Lancer - pizza) runs smoothly and hasn't given me any major problems, I am still hesitant to use it every weekend for long distance driving. Not sure if it is still fuel efficient as it is old plus baka biglang lumabas agad ang mga sakit.

Factors to consider:
    1. Budget - Below 1M (Half DP/ Half financed)
    2. Over-all ride experience - Comfort for my family with a baby
    3. Fuel consumption - My impression and from what I've heard/ read, mas matipid daw ang diesel that's why I'm opting to buy a diesel running vehicle. If car, shempre best pa din ang FC ng brand new, I think.
    4. Looks - My wife and I are NOT really into AUVs/ "Pang pamilya" looking vehicles

Shortlist (all M/T):
    Strada - Although not sure about the comfort part as we've own a Strada before but it was the 96 model so there must be a huge difference with the latest model in terms of the ride.
    Tucson - If there's a diesel variant that's less 1M pero medyo sagad na sa budget :P
    Crosswind - Matagtag daw?

In case a car would still be the best option:
    Honda City
    Honda Jazz

Actually, we prefer to get a CUV/ SUV because we just feel that it is best for traveling but due to budget constraints, our options are limited.

Thank you hope to get a lot from your comments and opinion. BTW, I'm also open to other suggestions sa choices kahit 2nd hand pero sana 2008 and up models basta pasok sa budget.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    my vote: lancer ex gls less than 1M
    Last edited by impulzz; March 16th, 2011 at 02:13 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Face-lifted Honda Jazz gets my vote

Budget - it is below 1m
    Over-all ride experience - Good enough, not as mushy as an SUV, but has the space like an SUV
    Fuel consumption - return of the Honda CVT(improved? hopefully reliable)
    Looks - well, looks are subjective, I favor the looks of the Ford Fiesta over the Jazz though

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mitsubishi Lancer EX GLS is a good potential option for you.

You can purchase one for P895,000 after dealer discounts if you are buying cash.

The ride quality is smooth. Very few cars in the local market can match the ride comfort. The CVT tranny also shifts silk smooth, you will not feel the car changing gear to gear.

Fuel consumption is good for a 2.0L car. In city driving you can get 8km/L or better. Out of town driving, 10 to 15km/L.

Looks... the Lancer looks good. And a simple upgrade of the original 16 inch wheels to 18s improves the looks dramatically without affecting the ride quality (the suspension is that good).

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Strada but wait for the VGT version (GTV).

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pongpawikan View Post
    Hello amateur and professional experts Just one of the noob guys here seeking advice on getting a new vehicle based on the topic.

Reasons for buying a new vehicle:
    1. Because I want to experience owning and driving a new vehicle (first and foremost hehe).
    2. Peace of mind as I, including my family spend every weekend away from the city (Bulacan, Zambales, Quezon, Subic, etc.). Although the car I currently drive ('96 Lancer - pizza) runs smoothly and hasn't given me any major problems, I am still hesitant to use it every weekend for long distance driving. Not sure if it is still fuel efficient as it is old plus baka biglang lumabas agad ang mga sakit.

Factors to consider:
    1. Budget - Below 1M (Half DP/ Half financed)
    2. Over-all ride experience - Comfort for my family with a baby
    3. Fuel consumption - My impression and from what I've heard/ read, mas matipid daw ang diesel that's why I'm opting to buy a diesel running vehicle. If car, shempre best pa din ang FC ng brand new, I think.
    4. Looks - My wife and I are NOT really into AUVs/ "Pang pamilya" looking vehicles

Shortlist (all M/T):
    Strada - Although not sure about the comfort part as we've own a Strada before but it was the 96 model so there must be a huge difference with the latest model in terms of the ride.
    Tucson - If there's a diesel variant that's less 1M pero medyo sagad na sa budget :P
    Crosswind - Matagtag daw?

In case a car would still be the best option:
    Honda City
    Honda Jazz

Actually, we prefer to get a CUV/ SUV because we just feel that it is best for traveling but due to budget constraints, our options are limited.

Thank you hope to get a lot from your comments and opinion. BTW, I'm also open to other suggestions sa choices kahit 2nd hand pero sana 2008 and up models basta pasok sa budget.
    Scratch the Crosswind off your list. I'm just wondering why the Crosswind is included in your list because you said this: (hahaha)
    "4. Looks - My wife and I are NOT really into AUVs/ "Pang pamilya" looking vehicles"
    If the crosswind is included, why not consider the Innova.

If it's going to be a car, since pasok naman sa budget, consider the Civic and the Corolla also. Both are very comfortable and have enough space.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Tucson GL Theta II M/T - P998,000. If you really want a CUV.

Pero best choice, Lancer EX GLS / MX. AFAIK yung MX less than 1M na dahil sa discount.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    If you're gearing towards the LancerEx, get the LancerEx MX instead of the GLS, it's 'somehow' your budget GT-A.
    - both are A/T but the MX has paddle shifters
    - same interior but the MX has CF accent instead of wood on the GLS
    - same body but the new GLS has better looking front grill than the MX

No to Civic
    - a lot of people already have it, a probably testament to more public liking it, but yeah, it's up to you.
    - the digital speedometer looks expensive if you'd ever need to have one repaired
    - the hood is small

The Innova seems nice too but not sure about their D4D (diesel) engines

The Tucson looks very attractive and promising and you're probably be better to have this, you may also consider the ASX but that's already above 1M.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Lancer EX, pasok sa budget mo.

Tucson CRDI ok din kaso hindi na yata pasok sa budget mo ito.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Yung 2.0 Theta II na Tucson hindi ok?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
What to get that's best for long distance driving with budget less than 1M