New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    maintenance ng automatic. change atf lng every 24-36mo.

so many dex6 and similar available nowadays.
    Apologies sir but what is dex6?

the current 2nd hand model car that I'm looking to buy is Hyundai Elantra 2013.

di pa po adept on car components and maintenance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by softbank21 View Post
    Apologies sir but what is dex6?

the current 2nd hand model car that I'm looking to buy is Hyundai Elantra 2013.

di pa po adept on car components and maintenance.
    transmission fluid.. its for majority of 6spd transmissions.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by softbank21 View Post
    I see. mostly kase ng kausap ko laging preference is manual, aside from mas ramdam mo daw pagdadrive, mura din daw ang maintenance cost compared to automatic. I'm totally inlove with Elantra when i saw the ad for a 2nd hand car for elantra in RED with only 33k odo(good thing?)

hard to decide on car preference vs newer car on a cheap sale.

totally budget constrained.
    Yes, manual is still the best choice if performance and fuel efficiency are top priorities. This is especially true with an old school, or very small vehicle where power is limited. For instance I cannot imagine driving our old Revo diesel, slow as it is, with an automatic transmission.

It is not necessarily true that AT maintenance is more expensive. In my experience with our Revo, the clutch had to be replaced after 5 years or around 50tkms of mostly pure city driving. It wasn't cheap. On the other hand, if you take good care of an AT, as mentioned, fluid changes are probably all you will be doing for it for the entire duration of your car's stay with you. At least for all our current vehicles, that is all that we have ever done. Some of them haven't even had fluid changes yet!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    I also would like to purchase my first car under 200k and I'm currently eyeing the Civic EK 96-00 and the ES.
    Most recently I found a well maintained EK 96 VTi with a seller's asking price of 195k. I also found 2001 vtec3 civic that's all stock and looks fairly maintained for the same price.
    Both cars are M/T.

I would just like to know if the ES is much harder (also more expensive) to maintain than the EK?

I have a neighbor that's into buy and selling and I showed him the listing of the 195k EK and said that it was too expensive. Even if I said that it looked really well maintained. It also has a lot upgrades as well.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    I would love to suggest you Starex GRX further choice is yours

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadowken View Post
    I also would like to purchase my first car under 200k and I'm currently eyeing the Civic EK 96-00 and the ES.
    Most recently I found a well maintained EK 96 VTi with a seller's asking price of 195k. I also found 2001 vtec3 civic that's all stock and looks fairly maintained for the same price.
    Both cars are M/T.

I would just like to know if the ES is much harder (also more expensive) to maintain than the EK?

I have a neighbor that's into buy and selling and I showed him the listing of the 195k EK and said that it was too expensive. Even if I said that it looked really well maintained. It also has a lot upgrades as well.
    The EK and ES is fairly easy to maintain and has an abundant of parts. Most common issue I encounter on the EK is the aircon and suspension parts. The ES never had an issue aside from the usual maintenance, change engine mounts and tie rods.

The EK at 195k is a bit expensive imho.. if you can stretch your budget, I would recommend to get the Civic FD, If you look hard enough and knows how to haggle, you might be able get one at around 250-300k..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by carscout View Post
    The EK and ES is fairly easy to maintain and has an abundant of parts. Most common issue I encounter on the EK is the aircon and suspension parts. The ES never had an issue aside from the usual maintenance, change engine mounts and tie rods.

The EK at 195k is a bit expensive imho.. if you can stretch your budget, I would recommend to get the Civic FD, If you look hard enough and knows how to haggle, you might be able get one at around 250-300k..
    +1 on the Civic FD. Its engine is the same as the current Civic and it still looks good despite a chassis being 13 years old.

Paying nearly 200k on a 23-year-old car is a bit too much. At least, it's not 2.4M which another dude is asking for his EK SiR with Mugen stuff.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    pastor melchizidek,

Ok nagets ko na bakit kailangan mo yang madami mauupuan. Laking sunday school pala ako kaya narecall ko agad yang "the order of melchizedek"

Try mo magtest drive sa casa para mafeel mo lang difference. Try mo avanza, adventure and crosswind. Tapos doon ka na pili sa second-hand market.
    Very nice suggestion bro. Salamat

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    May nag o offer sakin 2 choises,
    1. Innova 2007 D4D 310K
    2. Adventure 2002 4d56 270K

Questions
    1. Ano mas matipid imaintain?
    2. Ano mas matibay na makina?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Melchizedek View Post
    May nag o offer sakin 2 choises,
    1. Innova 2007 D4D 310K
    2. Adventure 2002 4d56 270K

Questions
    1. Ano mas matipid imaintain?
    2. Ano mas matibay na makina?

Mas matipid imaintain ang adventure pero mas makakatipid ka sa fuel consumption sa Innova at mas comfortable pa.

Sa tibay pateho lang matibay yan at pareho marami piyesa. Mas madali labg irepair aircon ng advie kasi hindi need baklasin buong dashboard whereas sa innova baklas buong dashboard kapag may repair or linis na gagawin.

Overall mas isuggest ko Innova sir. Tsaka mas bago pa din.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast