New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    when i saw my old sentra, a few years after i sold it, i wanted to buy it back.
    sigh...

truly, we only realize what it is that we lost, after we lose it.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    sigh...

Haha. True.
    I saw the small body i had on a mechanic's shop and quickly went over to check it.
    Sabi nung nakabili, buti namukaan nyo pa.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    sigh...

seller's remorse

but yeah, i can sympathize. i still look at every ek i see on the road hoping to catch a glimpse of my old banger. iyon ang naging guinea pig ko sa personal diy sweatshop sa bahay kaya siguro attached talaga ako doon

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    seller's remorse

but yeah, i can sympathize. i still look at every ek i see on the road hoping to catch a glimpse of my old banger. iyon ang naging guinea pig ko sa personal diy sweatshop sa bahay kaya siguro attached talaga ako doon
    I can relate to this bro...- my garage,- my castle....

5. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    I had a chance to own the three diesels (Adventure, Crosswind and Revo), among the three, the Adventure was the smoothest and quietest. If properly maintained, almost feels like a gasoline (not in the acceleration department though ). Worst is the Crosswind (pardon on the owners please), the vibration is so harsh I felt like having numb hands during long drive, especially in traffic. For a family car, I prefer the Adventure.

As for the Avanza, I owned one before, in Automatic Transmission version. It maybe not as economical and fast as say a 1.5 liter sedan, but it gets you there with more seating capacity. Plus the maintenance is so cheap. It only consumes 3 liters of engine oil, and 1.5 liters of automatic transmission oil during changes. You cannot compare though its loading capacity versus an Adventure as it is totally a small MPV.

Tyaga lang, Sir, may makikita ka ding maayos na Adventure.
    Salamat bro sa input

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    bago ang lahat. Are you a pastor's son? Kasi yung username mo pang bible.

Jan sa choices mo eh ang hirap eh dahil anti-diesel ako. Avanza sana kasi gaso yan but its one notch below the vios.

Para maintindihan mo ako eh vios = angels burger.

avanza = bentelog. (If highschool js prom pwede pa tiisin gumamit vios pero pag avanza sigurado ang layo ng parking mo. Ayaw mo masight ng classmates. Pag yung kasama mo nanalo promqueen eh iba na kasabay pauwi.)

So yung adventure and crosswind eh tokneneng na yan. Pero crosswind looks better sa avanza pero dahil diesel eh bumabaho talaga tingin ko. Narinig mo na ba tunog nyan and nakita mo usok tambutso???? So third world!!!!
    Salamat sa reply, I am a pastor BTW, may mga kilala rin ako ayaw sa diesel. Naglagay ako sa option ng avanza, parang dun lang papasok ang budget po.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Melchizedek View Post
    Salamat sa reply, I am a pastor BTW, may mga kilala rin ako ayaw sa diesel. Naglagay ako sa option ng avanza, parang dun lang papasok ang budget po.

The Adventure's fine. In fact I know of at least two of our pastors who drive Adventures. It is a little cramped since it is the smallest among the Revo/Adventure/Crosswind trio, but still a very practical vehicle especially if you get the 10 seater version. Maintain it well and there won't be any black smoke.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    pastor melchizidek,

Ok nagets ko na bakit kailangan mo yang madami mauupuan. Laking sunday school pala ako kaya narecall ko agad yang "the order of melchizedek"

Try mo magtest drive sa casa para mafeel mo lang difference. Try mo avanza, adventure and crosswind. Tapos doon ka na pili sa second-hand market.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Most of the cars our family has gone through are automatics. The only one that had a transmission related problem was a 1997 Honda Accord. That was way back around 2002. It needed a transmission replacement, and since it was done in the casa, damage was 200k. However, if you happen to be able to source a surplus unit outside, repair cost will just be a fraction of that. Never had any transmission problems with all the cars that came after.

As for newer model or looks and performance... I'd say its a case by case basis. But if both vehicles are of the same class, with negligible performance differences, as a general rule I'd go for the newer but supposedly inferior vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    I see. mostly kase ng kausap ko laging preference is manual, aside from mas ramdam mo daw pagdadrive, mura din daw ang maintenance cost compared to automatic. I'm totally inlove with Elantra when i saw the ad for a 2nd hand car for elantra in RED with only 33k odo(good thing?)

hard to decide on car preference vs newer car on a cheap sale.

totally budget constrained.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by softbank21 View Post
    I see. mostly kase ng kausap ko laging preference is manual, aside from mas ramdam mo daw pagdadrive, mura din daw ang maintenance cost compared to automatic. I'm totally inlove with Elantra when i saw the ad for a 2nd hand car for elantra in RED with only 33k odo(good thing?)

hard to decide on car preference vs newer car on a cheap sale.

totally budget constrained.
    maintenance ng automatic. change atf lng every 24-36mo.

so many dex6 and similar available nowadays.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast