New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    damn 6sp cvt nga for the accent.. i drove one kasi and it was the 4at. but whatever is in the market is probably the 4at.. which i despise

elantra club.. wala naman issue sa spare parts..
    4sp cvt 2011-2014. yung mga sumunod 6sp cvt

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    If you want a simple point A to point B car, just get the most basic Vios you can find. If you can drive a manual, get the newest Vios J that fits your budget. If you want extra amenities, get the Vios E.

Both are 1.3 non-frills variant of the Vios. Has tons of spare parts literally EVERYWHERE. Cheap to run too.

A relative of mine bought one before, a 2010 Vios J for 285K. Used it for about a year and a half, clocked around an extra 30-40T Kms in it (car was used for business purposes) and sold it for the same price.

The only thing that she changed was the battery.

Yun nga lang, it's not a very exciting car. Takes some $$$ as well to make it look good. Pero as a first car, you literally couldn't ask for more.
    Also, I forgot to add. With the looming inevitability of gas prices shooting up to 50+ pesos per liter, a first timer wouldn't want to get stuck with a car that's gas-guzzling and/or a car that's pain in the ass, maintenance-wise.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Hi Sirs,

Thank you for your replies. Apologies for my late reply.

Duly noted lahat.

*renzo

Oo nga sir mukang ok vios kase widely popular sya. Pero medyo mahal po ung 2012 model and up. Also bakit ung metro nung vios nasa gitna?

*stock

Un na nga sir. Sobrang ok tingnan nung elantra.

-----

Torn between 2 models.

2011 - 2013 elantra around 300 to 350k.

2014 - 2016 Nissan Almera 280 to 350k.

Btw sir newbie po sa car so automatic trans ung preferred.

Should I sacrifice years over looks and performance? Or meron pa po kayong other suggestions?

Thank you po sa sasagot.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    go for the automatic. mas ok mastuck sa traffic pag automatic

go for the almera.. ive tried it and its good. mas matipid sa elantra.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Melchizedek View Post
    Hi guys,

What Service Vehicle would fit my need for a 300K budget. 7 - 9max seater, na tipid sa fuel consumption.
    Im choosing between, Adventure Diesel, Revo Diesel, but dipa rin maka hanap, Im considering Toyota Avanza, parang mas mabilis bulimi nito, besides newer model pa kahit gas...

Help po to enlighten me...
    Salamat

bago ang lahat. Are you a pastor's son? Kasi yung username mo pang bible.

Jan sa choices mo eh ang hirap eh dahil anti-diesel ako. Avanza sana kasi gaso yan but its one notch below the vios.

Para maintindihan mo ako eh vios = angels burger.

avanza = bentelog. (If highschool js prom pwede pa tiisin gumamit vios pero pag avanza sigurado ang layo ng parking mo. Ayaw mo masight ng classmates. Pag yung kasama mo nanalo promqueen eh iba na kasabay pauwi.)

So yung adventure and crosswind eh tokneneng na yan. Pero crosswind looks better sa avanza pero dahil diesel eh bumabaho talaga tingin ko. Narinig mo na ba tunog nyan and nakita mo usok tambutso???? So third world!!!!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Melchizedek View Post
    Hi guys,

What Service Vehicle would fit my need for a 300K budget. 7 - 9max seater, na tipid sa fuel consumption.
    Im choosing between, Adventure Diesel, Revo Diesel, but dipa rin maka hanap, Im considering Toyota Avanza, parang mas mabilis bulimi nito, besides newer model pa kahit gas...

Help po to enlighten me...
    Salamat
    adventure. it's an auv.
    the adventure has only been discontinued very recently, and there are a lot of them on sale, compared to the revo.
    that suggests, easier maintenance.
    my dislike with the avanza is that, to me, it guzzles gasoline.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    go for the automatic. mas ok mastuck sa traffic pag automatic

go for the almera.. ive tried it and its good. mas matipid sa elantra.

yun nga daw po advantages. how about sir repair ng transmission mahal po ba tlga sa Automatic?

what would you take pala sir? newer model or looks and performance?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by softbank21 View Post
    yun nga daw po advantages. how about sir repair ng transmission mahal po ba tlga sa Automatic?

repair? nasira na yan...

do preventive maintenance to avoid costly repairs..

every 24mo ang transmission fluid...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by softbank21 View Post

Most of the cars our family has gone through are automatics. The only one that had a transmission related problem was a 1997 Honda Accord. That was way back around 2002. It needed a transmission replacement, and since it was done in the casa, damage was 200k. However, if you happen to be able to source a surplus unit outside, repair cost will just be a fraction of that. Never had any transmission problems with all the cars that came after.

As for newer model or looks and performance... I'd say its a case by case basis. But if both vehicles are of the same class, with negligible performance differences, as a general rule I'd go for the newer but supposedly inferior vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    We saw our 2002 Honda Civic AT that we sold in 2013 at SLEX last year. 16 years and running.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast