New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Hi Tsikot masters,

I will be buying my first car probably late dec-early nov. With a budget of 200k (10-20k for repairs included) I have the civic as my first choice. But upon reading on the car buying thread, I've seen na madami ding nag recommend kay ford lynx. Pros and Cons sana ng dalawa mga sir in terms of performance and maintenance.

I will be using it as a weekend car (pasyal pasyal lang) at once or twice to the office weekly(binan-makati).

I don't like mag brand new as of the moment dahil iwas ako sa monthly na bayarin and nagiipon din kame ni wife for the construction of our house. Kailangan lang magka private vehicle kasi hassle na ngayon bumiyahe with our 2yo baby.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by monching11 View Post
    Hi Tsikot masters,

I will be buying my first car probably late dec-early nov. With a budget of 200k (10-20k for repairs included) I have the civic as my first choice. But upon reading on the car buying thread, I've seen na madami ding nag recommend kay ford lynx. Pros and Cons sana ng dalawa mga sir in terms of performance and maintenance.

I will be using it as a weekend car (pasyal pasyal lang) at once or twice to the office weekly(binan-makati).

I don't like mag brand new as of the moment dahil iwas ako sa monthly na bayarin and nagiipon din kame ni wife for the construction of our house. Kailangan lang magka private vehicle kasi hassle na ngayon bumiyahe with our 2yo baby.
    I'd go with a Lynx 1.6M/T. You get a much newer car with your budget. And generally, a newer car means lesser headaches. The Civic is nice, but if your budget is limited, chances are you'll end up with a very old and/or high mileage unit. The Lynx is a much newer model, introduced four years after the Civic and has the option of ABS and airbags, should you find a decent Ghia variant.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same here... i would go the lynx route and take it from there. sobra pa budget mo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Thanks sa pagsagot sir GTi and 1D4LV.

Total noob pala ako sa car btw, nagaaral pa nga lang ako magdrive ngayon. In terms of maintenance, parts availability hindi naman po ba pahirapan sa lynx?

I prefer the civic pero pogi din ang lynx at mas trip ni misis.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Mas trip pala ni misis eh! It is not hard nor overly expensive to look for parts for the Lynx, especially since it is basically a rebadged Mazda. Mazford and Fordland in Banawe are very good sources for parts.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Mas trip pala ni misis eh! It is not hard nor overly expensive to look for parts for the Lynx, especially since it is basically a rebadged Mazda. Mazford and Fordland in Banawe are very good sources for parts.

ahahahah. oo nga sir trip ni kumander! nung pinapakita ko ung both models iba ung reaction nya kay lynx compared kay civic. I see, madali pala sir makahanap ng parts I thought pahirapan kasi syempre 2nd hand car I expect na meron at meron talaga ire-repair.

What year should I look into sir? I'll go with the ghia variant pala. Para at least I know what I will get when I have the whole bugdet na. Saka kelan ba better bumili, dec or jan?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ahahahah. oo nga sir trip ni kumander! nung pinapakita ko ung both models iba ung reaction nya kay lynx compared kay civic. I see, madali pala sir makahanap ng parts I thought pahirapan kasi syempre 2nd hand car I expect na meron at meron talaga ire-repair.

What year should I look into sir? I'll go with the ghia variant pala. Para at least I know what I will get when I have the whole bugdet na. Saka kelan ba better bumili, dec or jan?
    Hmm~ Any variant and year model will do as long as it is a manual, and you are 101% sure that it is in good condition. I personally wouldn't mind even if it was a GSi. Of course low mileage is also a plus, preferably something that's traveled 10tkms/year and below. But then this is not foolproof as it is quite easy for unscrupulous buy and sell folks to tinker with the odometer to show lesser mileage. There is also a case wherein the odometer of my friend's Altis was reset to zero after being Ondoy'd. Now it shows only 19tkms despite having actually traveled around 100tkms more! It would be preferable to buy from private sellers. They tend to be more straightforward and honest, and are usually more amenable to negotiation. Since you are getting a 2nd hand car, there are no extra perks and promos in Christmas season, so it doesn't matter when you buy. Though it may save you a few grand if the owner had just recently registered the vehicle, and renewed the vehicle's insurance policy.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    For me civic is more spacious. Lynx has a slightly lower resale value that's why you can get a newer model (which is an upside)

Maintenance wise not sure but my cousin has an optra and from what she's claiming, parang civic lang daw pero casa comparison yun ha.

If decent family car, I'd go for the lynx. I mean no hardcore set-ups (opinion ko lang since madali i-set up civic for me)

Gti is right get one from an owner seller. Preferably of course, first owned.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Hmm~ Any variant and year model will do as long as it is a manual, and you are 101% sure that it is in good condition. I personally wouldn't mind even if it was a GSi. Of course low mileage is also a plus, preferably something that's traveled 10tkms/year and below. But then this is not foolproof as it is quite easy for unscrupulous buy and sell folks to tinker with the odometer to show lesser mileage. There is also a case wherein the odometer of my friend's Altis was reset to zero after being Ondoy'd. Now it shows only 19tkms despite having actually traveled around 100tkms more! It would be preferable to buy from private sellers. They tend to be more straightforward and honest, and are usually more amenable to negotiation. Since you are getting a 2nd hand car, there are no extra perks and promos in Christmas season, so it doesn't matter when you buy. Though it may save you a few grand if the owner had just recently registered the vehicle, and renewed the vehicle's insurance policy.
    Thanks for the detailed answer sir I really appreciate answering my questions. After reading over and over dito sa car buying thread I've learned that it's better, if not the best to buy directly from the owner kesa sa mga dealers. Kelan ba usually ang pag renew ng registration/insurance?

I will update this thread once I have the money and post ko ung mga ads na nat-type an ko. In short, mangugulit uli ako sir. hehehe

For me civic is more spacious. Lynx has a slightly lower resale value that's why you can get a newer model (which is an upside)

Maintenance wise not sure but my cousin has an optra and from what she's claiming, parang civic lang daw pero casa comparison yun ha.

If decent family car, I'd go for the lynx. I mean no hardcore set-ups (opinion ko lang since madali i-set up civic for me)

Gti is right get one from an owner seller. Preferably of course, first owned.
    Thanks for the input sir, actually I am torn between the two but considering the answers here and upon seeing the condition of the lynx's that I saw in Sulit I think more BFTB siya.

I will go honda din siguro sir pag nag bnew nako either civic or mitsubishi lancer pagtapos ng house. For now eto munang ford lynx pogi din naman

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the detailed answer sir I really appreciate answering my questions. After reading over and over dito sa car buying thread I've learned that it's better, if not the best to buy directly from the owner kesa sa mga dealers. Kelan ba usually ang pag renew ng registration/insurance?

I will update this thread once I have the money and post ko ung mga ads na nat-type an ko. In short, mangugulit uli ako sir. hehehe

Thanks for the input sir, actually I am torn between the two but considering the answers here and upon seeing the condition of the lynx's that I saw in Sulit I think more BFTB siya.

I will go honda din siguro sir pag nag bnew nako either civic or mitsubishi lancer pagtapos ng house. For now eto munang ford lynx pogi din naman
    Renew ng registration nasa buwan na tumutugma sa end number ng plate niya. Insurance nandun din, although minsan umiiba kapag comprehensive insurance siya.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast