New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    160
    #1
    I decided to post a new thread, if some of you had read my older post, of deciding what second hand car to buy, this topic came into, and was discussed between us cousins during an inuman session. hehe. The debate goes like,

    Which is better:

    Buying a cheap but in very good condition car, like if you have a total of 250k budget, buy a 150k worth of car, then use the 100k to fix what is needed to fix and then accessorize it. Its like when you see those cars, who got a very nice nice nice as in nice paints, then few accessories like sound set up, skirts, chins, lights, etc. and you will be like "WTF?,'92/'93/'94/'95.....etc model pa yan????" Angas. Im talking about those fully accessorize cars but still also have a very very good and well maintained engine.

    V.S.

    Buying a more "modelo" na car, thats like '00/'02/'04...etc. that's like 230k then using the remaining 20k for engine maintenance, and no more accessories at all.

    What do you guys think? who got the better and more reasonable thought?

    PS, this is about buying a car regardless of practicality, just a bunch of guys, middle class of living, buying a car just for the pleasure of having one, also a bit of the comfort and necessity of having one. The thought is like choosing a "TOY FOR THE BIG BOYS"

  2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,236
    #2
    2nd opinion. Kung yung una, you'd have to have very deep pockets as you don't know how deep the pit is that you are trying to fill, or if it even has a bottom at all. Get a better car and then put just the basics on it, you can always elaborate later.

  3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    160
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    2nd opinion. Kung yung una, you'd have to have very deep pockets as you don't know how deep the pit is that you are trying to fill, or if it even has a bottom at all. Get a better car and then put just the basics on it, you can always elaborate later.
    +1 sir! Ganyan din yung grounds ko kagabi! hahaha. kaya lang ang sagot sakin, "pag nakakita ka sa daan ng astigen na kotse, di naman tinatanong kung anong model yun eh, kung bago ba o hindi, ang basehan ngayon yung wow factor regardless the model, basta ok na ok maintenance mo sa makita, kahit makaluma pa yan, basta mabilis pa din, ok na ok yun, sa porma nagkakatalo talo." <-------ayan ang sagot sakin eh, medyo barado ako dyan eh. hahaha

  4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,236
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbelen View Post
    +1 sir! Ganyan din yung grounds ko kagabi! hahaha. kaya lang ang sagot sakin, "pag nakakita ka sa daan ng astigen na kotse, di naman tinatanong kung anong model yun eh, kung bago ba o hindi, ang basehan ngayon yung wow factor regardless the model, basta ok na ok maintenance mo sa makita, kahit makaluma pa yan, basta mabilis pa din, ok na ok yun, sa porma nagkakatalo talo." <-------ayan ang sagot sakin eh, medyo barado ako dyan eh. hahaha
    Haha! Kung astigin ang sasakyan, yung totoong astigin at hindi mukhang astigin lang na all show and no go, maraming effort at pera ang napapunta diyan. So its fine if you have the means. Kung kaya nila matupad yan with a 100k budget na ako sakanya.

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    160
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Haha! Kung astigin ang sasakyan, yung totoong astigin at hindi mukhang astigin lang na all show and no go, maraming effort at pera ang napapunta diyan. So its fine if you have the means. Kung kaya nila matupad yan with a 100k budget na ako sakanya.
    yannnn.. yannnn.. makakaipon na ko ng bagong pambara dun sa pinsan kong kalbo! wahahahaha. Eh kasi ang pinopoint out din nya parang di naman importanteng magarbong design. Matinong makina, super kinis na paint job, skirts and chins. OK na, yun na yun, gwapo na daw.

  6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    160
    #6
    parang ganito yung pinopoint out nung debate team nila oh. hahahaha

    Sulit ID : 3028485

  7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,710
    #7
    Want a third option?

    Buy an old car. A really old car. Something 70's or 80's worth just 30-50k. Spend another 30k on a total washover. Spend another 50k on replacement parts. Rebuild the engine and underchassis and interior with the rest of your money.

    Enjoy having a classic in mint condition for the next six months.

    Put it up on E-Bay. Sell it for half-a-million bucks to some sucker... errh... customer overseas.

    Rinse. Repeat.

    -

    There are some great old 70's and 80's car ripe for restoration if you're willing to get your hands dirty. Corolla Sprinters. Ford Escorts. Datsun/Nissan 510s (but these are rare and relatively expensive), Nissan 240Zs (lucky to find one for just 50k, though... and at that price, it'll be rough)...

    Heck... my bro got an S12 Silvia for just 150k before... and that had an SR20 swap. Just 20k in paint and underbody rust repair plus 30k for mags and tires and it looked like a show winner.

    A well-cared-for car, whatever the age, is more interesting than a worn-out pile of rust, no matter how many body-kits, mags and stickers you throw at it.

    Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

  8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,236
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbelen View Post
    parang ganito yung pinopoint out nung debate team nila oh. hahahaha

    Sulit ID : 3028485
    Hell that's no worn out rust bucket... That's an immaculately maintained B13! 150k for a '92 B13 ECCS is actually quite expensive as B13's go. You can get a stock B14 for that money actually.

  9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    447
    #9
    id go for your second option...
    making a car to ricey make you look like your "compensating" for something... hahaha
    tsaka mas okey na yun kesa sa sinasabi ni sir na "all show, no go"

  10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    374
    #10
    Option A ako, pero instead of making it ricey, gamitin ko na lang yung money to make the stock car look brand new.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
A very very very good debate topic