New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Hi Tsikot, I just want to ask this question with you as I'm about to buy a 2nd hand car.

I am now down to two choices and both were checked OK with my trusted mechanic. The first one is a lower year model but has significantly lower mileage, and the other one is a later year which is a facelifted model of the same vehicle make but it's mileage is 30k kms higher than the lower year model.

Both has the same price and I am now in trouble as to which one I would choose.

Which of the two can you suggest?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    What year model cars, what variant and what are the mileages on them?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    30k is fine. Just make sure that its mileage is not altered.goodlouck!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by woootskie View Post
    Hi Tsikot, I just want to ask this question with you as I'm about to buy a 2nd hand car.

I am now down to two choices and both were checked OK with my trusted mechanic. The first one is a lower year model but has significantly lower mileage, and the other one is a later year which is a facelifted model of the same vehicle make but it's mileage is 30k kms higher than the lower year model.

tough choice, but i would choose the better maintained model. odo readings could be deceptive. maski mababa ang mileage nyan pero di naman marunong mag maintain yung previous owner, mas pasasakitin nyan ang ulo mo kesa dun sa higher mileage pero magaling naman mag maintain.

but if pound for pound eh pareho ang maintenance, i would still go for the newer unit, maski mas mataas ang mileage.

sa akin lang ito.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    What car is this? And how big is the age gap? I agree. Get the better maintained one. But given that both are in the exact same condition aside from the mileage, I'd go for the older unit, if the age gap isn't so big. I can always facelift it myself later on if I see fit to do so.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

it might be a lot easier for me, if you had mentioned exactly what car models we are talking about..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    i would also go for the car that is in better shape or better maintained regardless of the year model. but if they're equally well maintained and assuming both are untampered, i would go with the one with lower mileage. think of it this way: 30,000 kms is approximately 3 years worth of wear and tear. yung lifespan din kasi ng solid parts ay mas nakabase sa kilometers travelled more than years of use.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Depende sa kotse

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    My bad for not indicating the car model.

The vehicle is a CRDI 2nd gen Kia Sportage. The first one is 2006 model with 60k kms on the clock while the other one is the facelifted 2008 model with 92k kms on the clock. Should I go for the lower mileage as the injectors on the other one has a more chance of failing?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    My bad for not indicating the car model.

The vehicle is a CRDI 2nd gen Kia Sportage. The first one is 2006 model with 60k kms on the clock while the other one is the facelifted 2008 model with 92k kms on the clock. Should I go for the lower mileage as the injectors on the other one has a more chance of failing?
    An 8 year old car with 60k kms (7500 kms/year) on it? I'd be wary of it. Sure bang di tampered yan?

92k kms on a 6 year old car is fine (15k kms/ year).

Based yan sa experience ko with my cars. I travel around 10k km/year on my SUV and around 5k kms/year on my sedan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast