New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by woootskie View Post
    My bad for not indicating the car model.

The vehicle is a CRDI 2nd gen Kia Sportage. The first one is 2006 model with 60k kms on the clock while the other one is the facelifted 2008 model with 92k kms on the clock. Should I go for the lower mileage as the injectors on the other one has a more chance of failing?
    this is a tough one...
    first of all, are the innards comparable, as in, hindi ike lozada-ish ang driver's seat...?
    second, you won't miss the facelifting now, would you?
    if you are ok with it, and assuming no tampering on either car...
    my kneejerk response is the 2006. but tawaran mo pa.. kias are not famous for their high resale value..
    tell the seller, "i am choosing between two cars, the other being 2 years younger than yours.. but if you can give me a substantial discount, i'll take it out of your hands.."
    i suspect he really doesn't need the money..
    good luck.

comment: i am assuming this is not a bayan seller.. otherwise, all bets are off.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 2nd, 2014 at 03:38 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd go with the 2008 gen 2 with 30,000 more kms. the 2006 with only 60000km screams "tampered!" to me.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    i'd go with the 2008 gen 2 with 30,000 more kms. the 2006 with only 60000km screams "tampered!" to me.
    Dunno about that -- we have a 2003 vehicle with about 75k on the odometer, a 2006 with 55k, a 2007 with 45k, and a 2009 with 20k.

Nagulat na ako na 11 years na pala yung '03 model namin hehe, parang hindi pa kasi luma pag ni drive.

Sticking on topic:

Assuming both cars are in approximately the same condition, I'll pick the newer car.

Facelifts usually come with redesigned parts that are difficult to spot -- different interior, better sound deadening, updated mechanical parts.

That, or get the car from the person who can give you a significantly bigger discount.
    Last edited by mda; August 2nd, 2014 at 05:04 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ same here, my dad has a 2003 car that has 55k+ and 2013 with just 2k+ milage.

With the topic, when both passes the trusted mechanic, I'll choose what I want to have.

There is really nothing more that can be done since you've done the homework.

2nd hand is a hit or miss purchase.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    10k per year is the average so not surprising if a certain car will register something smaller. There are also people who own 2 cars. I for one had a gas sedan and an auv diesel. That automatically halves my usage per car per year. E mas pinapaboran ko pa yung auv diesel dahil mas matipid kaya mababa talaga ipapatak ng sedan ko. Kaya di mo din agad masabj tampered kesyo low mileage. If the seller has service records, maski pa sa labas na ng casa, much better para ma check mo kung validity ng kilometrage.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes, if the seller has more than 1 car then believable ang mileage. pero kung 1 car lang...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    i wouldn't same if its older and has low mileage its tampered
    for example 2000 cr-v 69k kms and innova 139k kms.
    may casa records yan
    btw how about the exotic cars or any other car that has ran 100 kms in 20 yrs tapos may plastic pa upuan pati matting

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by woootskie View Post
    My bad for not indicating the car model.

The vehicle is a CRDI 2nd gen Kia Sportage. The first one is 2006 model with 60k kms on the clock while the other one is the facelifted 2008 model with 92k kms on the clock. Should I go for the lower mileage as the injectors on the other one has a more chance of failing?
    If they're gonna tamper the mileage, they could have made it even lower. Our 2006 Tribute has only 55tkms on it. Perfectly possible if it isn't driven everyday, and/or is usually driven over short distances only.

Unless the car has a factory defect, I doubt you'll have problems with injectors till well over the 100tkms mark. AFAIK, as with all Hyundai/Kia CRDi's, it uses a Bosch fuel system. Should be much more reliable than the more finicky Denso's used in Japanese brands.

92tkms for a 6 year old car is pretty high. Our 2005 Accord hasn't even reached 90tkms yet. I suggest you set your sights elsewhere.

How much is the selling price, by the way?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by boytsiks View Post
    An 8 year old car with 60k kms (7500 kms/year) on it? I'd be wary of it. Sure bang di tampered yan?

92k kms on a 6 year old car is fine (15k kms/ year).

Based yan sa experience ko with my cars. I travel around 10k km/year on my SUV and around 5k kms/year on my sedan.
    I have a 2005 Alterra with 70k on the odometer. It's for coding and weekend drives.
    My 2005 Vios already has 160k on the odometer. It's my daily drive.

On the topic, I would choose the car with the lower mileage. You can't buy "mileage", but you can buy the accessories.
    Be sure lang na hindi "tampered" ang odometer. You may request for the service manual and CASA records, nakasulat dun ang mga ginawa sa sasakyan with the odometer readings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12