New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    Some people would be able to afford something with the help of other parties, like say, banks.

That's why there is the issue. Cost and Benefit, and as you've said, unnecessary purchase, so when would that be a necessary purchase?
    i think you're the only one who can best answer that.

we can share our experiences with you, but iba iba naman situation natin and katayuan sa buhay. i suggest you talk this through with your family since this decision will ultimately affect them.

i used to have a second car na pang harabas pero nabenta ko din nung nakuha ko na yung innova ko. cost of maintaining 2 cars put a strain on my finances as well so i sold it.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ok pakinggan may 2nd car pero sa totoo lang hassle.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Because the car is very nice and well equipped, limited, or you like it so much or maybe it's what you can afford as of the moment.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    actually you need at least 4 cars depending on application

1. a van

2. an elegant full size sedan

3. a subcompact

4. a 4X4

5. a sports car

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Some people would be able to afford something with the help of other parties, like say, banks.

That's why there is the issue. Cost and Benefit, and as you've said, unnecessary purchase, so when would that be a necessary purchase?
    You have the answer. If the benefit outweighs the cost.

The benefits can categorized into two, the explicit - these are the numbers that go into your cost benefit analysis, these are benefits that can be expressed in monetary value like gas price vs cab fare or the cost of renting vehicles vs owning a vehicle. Then there's the implicit, those that you cannot put a price on namely, safety, comfort and convenience.

Now, it's all up to you on how you assign values to these different points. That's when you make your decision

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, we don't have color coding here in Pampanga.

It won't be a spare if the primary car broke down, as we can always borrow from other family members.

The third one is possible, but we are eyeing a brand new one, so pang harabas is also not one on the list.

Well, our reasons is that, I want a fuel efficient car, because sa office and school, kikita ka pa din, kahit na malaki sasakyan mo or maliit. Then there is the wife, she can also drive, and medyo nagkakaproblem kapag wala ako, at gusto nilang umalis ng mga bata.

you think those are enough reasons?
    IMO, fuel efficiency is not much an issue in Pampanga as in Manila. Best reason would be for the wifey to use when youre not around and perhaps, to have a daily drive and have a second car as a "toy" or project car.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    wife and i work in different cities and schedules and i have to get my 2 kids to 2 different schools, so a second car was a no brainer. we also bought a used van for family use on the weekend.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Very valid points.

Anyone here who already have a car, then decided to get a second car, and regret it?

The thing with life is when a particular situation made you decide, but then again, mapanlinlang lang pala yung situation na yun. Di naman pala talaga kailangan.

And then there's tsikot, lagi kang nakakakita ng "temptations"... ahaha!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Very valid points.

Anyone here who already have a car, then decided to get a second car, and regret it?

The thing with life is when a particular situation made you decide, but then again, mapanlinlang lang pala yung situation na yun. Di naman pala talaga kailangan.

Me!

Perfectly happy with my old car pero when it got some issues, decided on an instant na kailangan ko reliable car. Not as happy as others might feel.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Very valid points.

Tawag dyan, SC.

Kidding aside, gaya ng sabi nung isang nag-post, kanya kanyang situation yan. Ikaw lang makakasagot kung kailangan mo ba talaga ng isa pang kotse whether pang family outings, toy/project car, or kung may extra budget, buy the car you've always wanted.
    Last edited by Chikselog; September 7th, 2013 at 12:52 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast