New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hi Guys,

I would just like to get your opinions or reasoning in buying a second car. What made you buy a second car?

We are contemplating on getting a second car ourselves. But I would just like to hear some "experienced" opinions on the matter, if it actually makes sense in getting one.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Extra car lang, para if ever your main car breaks down, is coding or something happens and deemed it unusable. Meron ako 2nd hand bought car, isa pang Vios. 2006. It was offered by a friend of mine at a price I couldnt resist, so I bought it. So far no problems, but I dont use it much. I prefer to use my main car talaga

Pero honestly, if youre gonna buy it from an unknown person, medyo risky. Especially with all the flodding we had.

Kung brand new naman, sayang lang if it's just gonna be an extra...

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    1. color coding

2. spare for when your primary car is not available (breaks down, used by other members of the family). There's no price for peace of mind.

3. pang harabas for when you love your primary car too much to bring to places where it is at risk of getting scratched or baked under the heat of the sun.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Well, we don't have color coding here in Pampanga.

It won't be a spare if the primary car broke down, as we can always borrow from other family members.

The third one is possible, but we are eyeing a brand new one, so pang harabas is also not one on the list.

Well, our reasons is that, I want a fuel efficient car, because sa office and school, kikita ka pa din, kahit na malaki sasakyan mo or maliit. Then there is the wife, she can also drive, and medyo nagkakaproblem kapag wala ako, at gusto nilang umalis ng mga bata.

you think those are enough reasons?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    If you have enough money to spare, if you don't need to take a loan and can pay for your secondary car in cash then go for it. It'll give your wife more flexibility in moving around.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    well, if you can afford it then get one. it's nice to have a second car with all the reasons mentioned above.

also, a good reason to get a second car is - if you need it for a specific application i.e. off roading, hauling, resing resing etc.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    If you have the money or can "afford" it, you won't actually have a dilemma in getting a second car, right?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    If you have the money or can "afford" it, you won't actually have a dilemma in getting a second car, right?
    Then don't buy a secondary car. It does not make sense to make an unnecessary purchase that will only put a strain on your resources/financials.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Some people would be able to afford something with the help of other parties, like say, banks.

That's why there is the issue. Cost and Benefit, and as you've said, unnecessary purchase, so when would that be a necessary purchase?
    Last edited by slapz; September 6th, 2013 at 11:54 PM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    owning 2 or more cars make you look rich

hehe

#imageiseverything

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast