New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Hello po.

I currently own a 2011 Avanza J, nasa 63K mileage. Ok pa sya, except due to some health problems, I need to switch to an automatic transmission now. So I'm thinking of trading it in for a 2nd hand also. Some questions are...

1. Do I just look for a trusted buy and seller for straight trade-in? Bawas hassle sa pagbenta, paperwork, etc....pero baka naman baratin ako.

2. I'm willing to add around 50k for the "upgrade" (I really prefer MT over AT for that driver feeling but my body won't cooperate). Thinking of maybe same year model Avanza, or older Innova or some other AUV/SUV. So younger avanza or older innova/crv/other suv?

Your thoughts will be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mathguro View Post
    Hello po.

I currently own a 2011 Avanza J, nasa 63K mileage. Ok pa sya, except due to some health problems, I need to switch to an automatic transmission now. So I'm thinking of trading it in for a 2nd hand also. Some questions are...

1. Do I just look for a trusted buy and seller for straight trade-in? Bawas hassle sa pagbenta, paperwork, etc....pero baka naman baratin ako.

2. I'm willing to add around 50k for the "upgrade" (I really prefer MT over AT for that driver feeling but my body won't cooperate). Thinking of maybe same year model Avanza, or older Innova or some other AUV/SUV. So younger avanza or older innova/crv/other suv?

1. siguradong babaratin kayo ng bayan seller! if this is an issue with you, stay away from them.
    "siguro may exception", you are thinking?
    "well, i haven't come across one, yet", i counter.
    another issue with bayan sellers: they make a living selling cars. not like some sellers, who simply "need the extra garage space", and would probably give you a real discount, just to get rid of the car.... patience, sir. everything comes to he who practises patience.
    but you are correct. bayan sellers do offer less hassle, paperwork-wise.

2. the AT avanza has, to me, a big gas appetite. my colleague struggles with 7 km/li. do you really need its utility use? maybe you can get another, more fuel-efficient AT car? they say the mirage, the new celerio.... a diesel would have smaller gas bills, what with the cheap price of diesel fuel and generally more fuel efficient diesel engines...

good luck, po.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 1st, 2016 at 09:13 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hello po.

as far as i know, there could be two options:

1st:

Sell the avanza. Use the proceeds to get the A/T unit that you want.
    Pros: you can get the price you want.
    Cons: maabala. Madami kang kausap. Magaayos ka pa ng papeles. YOu may not be able to sell it immediately. Mahirap din mamili ng sasakyan lalo na from the direct sellers din ng AT mo. Madami na din kasing hindi sinasabi ang sakit. Mabusisi.

2nd:

Go to a used-car dealer. Trade in your Avanza. Get the AT unit that you want.
    Pros: mabilisan. sila na magaayos ng mga transfer papers.
    Cons: babaratin ka sa value ng sasakyan mo. Baka kulangin yung idadagdag mong 50k.

Ako personally, i would go the 2nd option. Nakakapagod ang makipagusap sa madaming buyers, tawaran dito and doon, and magayos ng papeles.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    as far as i know, there could be two options:

1st:

Sell the avanza. Use the proceeds to get the A/T unit that you want.
    Pros: you can get the price you want.
    Cons: maabala. Madami kang kausap. Magaayos ka pa ng papeles. YOu may not be able to sell it immediately. Mahirap din mamili ng sasakyan lalo na from the direct sellers din ng AT mo. Madami na din kasing hindi sinasabi ang sakit. Mabusisi.

2nd:

Go to a used-car dealer. Trade in your Avanza. Get the AT unit that you want.
    Pros: mabilisan. sila na magaayos ng mga transfer papers.
    Cons: babaratin ka sa value ng sasakyan mo. Baka kulangin yung idadagdag mong 50k.

Ako personally, i would go the 2nd option. Nakakapagod ang makipagusap sa madaming buyers, tawaran dito and doon, and magayos ng papeles.
    Try the option #1 first. If months has been passed and still you couldn't sell your car, go to option #2. As the poster below said, you need to shell out a huge amount of money since car/trade dealer will barat you

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Salamat po sa inputs, will keep them in mind. I will try looking for a seller muna, hindi pa naman masyadong urgent, kaya pang magtiis ng paa ko sa traffic for now, kapag walang makuhang buyer with my preferred price, sa ahente na.

Medyo gas guzzler pala ang AT avanza, no? Will look at other options. Hesitant lang ako sa sedan dahil medyo binabaha ang daanan ko pauwi.

Salamt ulit!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Salamat po sa inputs, will keep them in mind. I will try looking for a seller muna, hindi pa naman masyadong urgent, kaya pang magtiis ng paa ko sa traffic for now, kapag walang makuhang buyer with my preferred price, sa ahente na.

Medyo gas guzzler pala ang AT avanza, no? Will look at other options. Hesitant lang ako sa sedan dahil medyo binabaha ang daanan ko pauwi.

Salamt ulit!
    its because the engine is too small for the body....
    by the looks of it bro, kailangan mo ng mataas. by trading your avanza + 50k lets say to get an innova, baka di kayanin.

Avanza Cost = 350k
    Add ka ng 50k = 400k.

Market price ng Innova Diesel na AT (2005 model) = 450 - 480k.

mukhang kailangan mo lumabas ng Innova.

parang ang options mo are:

Hyundai Tucson - ranges from 420 - 480 A/T CRDI, 2007 - 2010 model.
    Ford Escape (nakow, yari ka sa gas dito) - ranges from 280k - 395k (model 2005 - 2011)
    Nissan X-Trail (nakow, isa pang yari ka sa gas dito) - ranges from 265k - 340k (model 2006 -2011)
    X-Wind 2002 Model (AT) - 300k
    Mitsu Adventure - not sure sa mga higher models, but 2001 models A/T diesel, costs around 200-220k.

muni-muni muna pare.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    diesel AT...
    innova, crosswind.
    i can't think of others in the same price range.

the innova MT's clutch pedal isn't that hard. i actually prefer driving it over my other ATs (altis, wigo). "a commanding presence with a royal feeling", if you may. and when caught in traffic, it's comfortable and not claustrophobic at all.
    a revo diesel? try it, sir. ang gaan ng clutch. and hope a well-maintained model comes up.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Salamat ulit. Kung sakaling may malaglag na biyaya, at makapagdagdag ako ng mga 150k, innova would be a good choice right? Thinking crv also for ride comfort pero baka kelanganin ko ng straw para sa panghigop nya ng gasolina.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Salamat ulit. Kung sakaling may malaglag na biyaya, at makapagdagdag ako ng mga 150k, innova would be a good choice right? Thinking crv also for ride comfort pero baka kelanganin ko ng straw para sa panghigop nya ng gasolina.
    "i have not yet met an innova owner, who rued the day he bought one."
    no need for straw, po. minumumog niya straight from the baso. at, matagtag rin po ang crv. brother has.
    heh heh.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "i have not yet met an innova owner, who rued the day he bought one."
    no need for straw, po. minumumog niya straight from the baso. at, matagtag rin po ang crv. brother has.
    heh heh.
    That's true. Everyone loves the innova. The current model is so expensive though

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast