New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    those small cars have very poor crash ratings. very limited space for people and their stuff. why not find an older bigger car like a honda city. mine's like 14yo by now and i plan to keep it around for a long time coz it's so reliable. and no rust. got 140k on the odo. if you can find one w/ lower odo then you could expect to drive it around for long time. you'll probably just have to change wheel bearings and stabilizer links, for very little money. oh and the trunk is HUGE

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I think the Celerio is bigger (please correct me if I'm wrong here)

Basically, since both are 2017 models... palagi mong tanungin sarili mo... bakit binebenta na agad yung car?

Plan bumili ng bago?
    Kulang na garage ng owner?
    Di kaya maintenance + daily expenses of owning a car?
    Mag abroad yung may ari?

second... paano ginamit yung car? highway ba sya everyday or city driving?

and paano/saan mo gagamitin yung car?

All things being equal, my vote goes to the Celerio.
    Rule of thumb when buying seond hand: Never believe the tagline na "nothing to fix", "sasakay ka na lang".

The problem with the Eon is there are no airbags. The Celerio does.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    those small cars have very poor crash ratings. very limited space for people and their stuff. why not find an older bigger car like a honda city. mine's like 14yo by now and i plan to keep it around for a long time coz it's so reliable. and no rust. got 140k on the odo. if you can find one w/ lower odo then you could expect to drive it around for long time. you'll probably just have to change wheel bearings and stabilizer links, for very little money. oh and the trunk is HUGE
    Okay naman din yung Honda City, pero I prefer Civic kung dun ako magfofocus, but anyway, I am opting for small/hatchbacks lang talaga dahil space saver sila, and since 2 lang naman kami ni misis gagamit most of the time, Celerio or Eon will do.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Rule of thumb when buying seond hand: Never believe the tagline na "nothing to fix", "sasakay ka na lang".

The problem with the Eon is there are no airbags. The Celerio does.
    Then I guess will focus on Celerio instead. I ask the seller a while ago, sabi nya repossess daw yung car ng bank, hindi na kasi kaya bayaran ng owner yung unit.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jnsk View Post
    Then I guess will focus on Celerio instead. I ask the seller a while ago, sabi nya repossess daw yung car ng bank, hindi na kasi kaya bayaran ng owner yung unit.
    Di makabayad so malamang di rin na alagaan with the simplest maintenance.

Break in period (although some say is a myth), is very critical and that usually comes in the first few thousand km's. Which probably the owner is walang pake din in the first place since hirap nga makabayad eh.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Di makabayad so malamang di rin na alagaan with the simplest maintenance.

Break in period (although some say is a myth), is very critical and that usually comes in the first few thousand km's. Which probably the owner is walang pake din in the first place since hirap nga makabayad eh.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    The unit odo is around 17k km. I already ask the casa record, pero hindi daw nya nakita kung meron or wala. Parang medyo nagalangan tuloy ako.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    I have both.

Celerio is bigger, faster, and and way better in handling. Mas matipid din sa gas.

EON maingay makina.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kris_13 View Post
    I have both.

Celerio is bigger, faster, and and way better in handling. Mas matipid din sa gas.

EON maingay makina.
    hey, TS!
    here's your un-certainties, resolved!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by kris_13 View Post
    I have both.

EON maingay makina.
    Sobrang ingay ba nung kay Eon? Ilan KM/L si Celerio mo sir?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    On Safety - if you want a safe car, get a Volvo!

Pero seryosong usapan... Nung nagsimula akong magdrive, di required mag seat belt!
    Yung Tamaraw FX and mga Kia Pride namin lumabas sa casa nang walang seatbelt!
    Ang kotse lang namin noon na may seatbelt, 1991 Corolla (smal body) and box type.

Kung ako tatanungin... basta may seatbelt (kasi kung wala pwede kang huliin).
    Limited budget, mas ok pa din yung pinaka bagong afford mo na kotse... Mas safe yun kesa sa public transport and motorcycle.

On Repossed cars - as is condition yun.

Swertehan lang.

Bumili kami dati ng FX from Union Bank... nabarat namin ng husto kasi di umaandar, bale change engine agad pagdating sa bahay...

Tapos ang daming maliliit na bagay ang nawawala... Head Unit, speakers, lock ng goove compartment. Pero since nasa public transport business kami noon, madali lang namin naayos yun... DI naman lahat ng repo ganun. May mga kilala akong nakabili from BPI and halos aircon and battery lang pinagawa/pinalitan nila.

Both cars are fairly new, since manual naman ata tinitignan mo... aside from the regular stuff na masisira and sira na, I'm sure di ganun kahirap ayusin yan.

Just a suggestion... Body and interior is very important. Yung suspension and engine pwede mong pagawa later.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast