New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hope you guys could help me out with my dilemma.

My dad had a 1997 Ford Exped Eddie Bauer Edition and a 2000 E-150. The only issue he had with his Exped is that the aircon keeps on conking out on him. I'd like to follow in my dad's footsteps by getting myself an exped too.. But I would need your help SUV peeps of FCP.

I'll be getting married next year 2010, so funds would be really something to think about.

I've been looking at the Expedition as my secondary car. I own a Jazz and a CRV, and I'd be selling / (swapping) my 2002 Crv to purchase a 2001/2002 (old body) or a 2003 ("new body") Exped. (Give or take i'm willing to add only 130k hehe to acquire a unit :D )

It'll just be a weekend car and I have that feeling I need a big car since it will be be safer for out of town trips.

I just need to know what are the things to look out for if ever i'll be purchasing these units?

How much is a full tank?
    How much would the regular check ups cost?

and yes i'm ready for the 4-5 km/l fuel economy.

I'll gladly take note of all your suggestions.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    The only problem I have with the Exped (Gen 1) aside from its sheer size and fuel economy is that the steering feels to light at highway sppeds making it feel clumsy.