New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Hi everyone here!

Sorry for bragging in this thread, since im a new member i cant post a new one. Im humbly asking your help in purchasing my family's first car. I got 2 kids, and we prefer auto transmission since it will be driven by my wife most of the time.

I have a budget of 350k max, what's the best i could get out of it in terms of FC, durability, looks.
    I was looking for x-trail recently and i got disappointed with its gas consumption. Any input is highly appreciated, thank you very much and God Bless!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Gapuz View Post
    Hi everyone here!

Sorry for bragging in this thread, since im a new member i cant post a new one. Im humbly asking your help in purchasing my family's first car. I got 2 kids, and we prefer auto transmission since it will be driven by my wife most of the time. Will be used in city driving and occasionally manila to north luzon trips.

I have a budget of 350k max, what's the best i could get out of it in terms of FC, durability, looks.
    I was looking for x-trail recently and i got disappointed with its gas consumption. Any input is highly appreciated, thank you very much and God Bless!
    let's see.. i am assuming you know very little about cars. so i recommend what i call, "starter cars".
    i will therefore recommend you get a "popular" car, one with lots of units running around the metro. this assures more or less, of easily available parts and knowledgeable mechanics to service them. and what can be more plentiful than the taxis? toyota vios, altis, nissan sentra (some folks say it is too old a model, but hey! if you like it...), maybe even the lancer. you know them all.. the honda civic or the smaller city, puede rin.

the 2003-2008 lancer cedia line... i once had an automatic model.. it drove and felt good, but it gargled gas.. dunno if it's just me, or the entire line.

you budget does limit your choices to the cheaper sedans.. are you amenable to AUVs? revo diesel, hilander, adventure diesel..

you might like the crv...

but if someone sells you an innova at your price range, get it without thinking. you can always sell it if you decide later that you don't like it.

all the above are with the assumptions that the used car was decently maintained, not flooded nor carnapped, etc..

happy shopping.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Gapuz View Post
    Hi everyone here!

Sorry for bragging in this thread, since im a new member i cant post a new one. Im humbly asking your help in purchasing my family's first car. I got 2 kids, and we prefer auto transmission since it will be driven by my wife most of the time.

the xtrail's FC is not that bad. a friend owns one and usually averages around 8kpl in city driving. your wife would appreciate driving it specially with the kids..... tsaka mas mataas....

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    my concern with 1996 pajeros and other vehicles that old...
    won't there be too many things to "fix"?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    ^Parts are easy to find especially the 4m40 parts right?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    My suggestion is
    2001 Isuzu Crosswind XTO a/t 300-350k ang price range
    FC in city is 7-10km/l and highway is 10-18km/l

2000 - 2002 Hyundai starex svx 250-400k

Honda crv 1st-2nd gen

Toyota rav4 1sta and 2nd gen

Toyota Altis 2001-2006
    what car are you considering sedan,suv,auv or vans or pick-up trucks?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Me and my wife is now thinking about vios e variant versus idsi honda city. . Since it'll be driven by my wife, pasay to malate area is'nt that hard to drive using a munual sedan. though we're still open for other types, maybe compact suv but a bit expensive than our budget.
    i find this site so helpful for people like who have less knowledge on cars. i will be comparing results on my checklist later. am greatly humbled by your inputs here guys, please keep it coming.
    Thanks a lot and more power to all, God Bless!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    [QUOTE=Jeffrey Gapuz;2471050] thinking about vios e variant [QUOTE]

We have a 2010 E/AT Vios.

The epitome of Toyota reliability (the taxi drivers will swear on that) .... all you need is gas.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    ^ yup 1k worth of gas for a week is enough qc to ortigas

Second Hand AT: 350K Budget