New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    I'd get the Innova E over the entry level MU-X. It has more power and isn't as bare.

I'm probably in the minority that think the Innova looks good even vs PPVs. All it needs is wider tires on rims with more negative offset and it'll hold its own looks wise.
    I’m with you bro with the Innova.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Innova E vs MUX LS, I prefer the Innova. MUX LS looks so cheap and bare.

Innova G vs MUX 1.9 LS-A, I prefer the MUX. Looks the part of a proper SUV and has decent features.

Still drives like a truck though so for that price I would prefer something else.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Get the Innova. It performs better than 1.9L mu-x power and torque wise. The base LS mu-x is bare compared to the Innova E/Touring Sport

4. Join Date
    May 2015
    Well explained mga sirs. I think I need to cross out mu-x on my options.

Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by torps04 View Post

Thanks!
    Add mo montero gls AT sa options mo. Less truck like, more tech at near cross over like ride. Price halos magkalapit lang sa laki ng discount

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Youre not alone bro. My neighbor's got the new innova and it looks functional. Other neighbors got the fortuner and it looks abit heavy though it really is
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I’m with you bro with the Innova.

Good to know I'm not alone hehe. We almost bought one but decided the CR-V was more our speed.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Innova E vs MUX LS, I prefer the Innova. MUX LS looks so cheap and bare.

Innova G vs MUX 1.9 LS-A, I prefer the MUX. Looks the part of a proper SUV and has decent features.

Still drives like a truck though so for that price I would prefer something else.

The 1.9 LS dealbreakers for me are the non adjustable steering column paired with no seat adjustment, absence of rear wiper and side mirror adjustment from the inside.

Would've happily traded the HU or the LED headlamps for those. Everything else can be upgraded naman.

I'm curious how fast you've run the 1.9 bro. How is it at top speed?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Good to know I'm not alone hehe. We almost bought one but decided the CR-V was more our speed.

The 1.9 LS dealbreakers for me are the non adjustable steering column paired with no seat adjustment,
    ...anuyan!!
    PUJ?
    heh heh.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    For roughly the same price, the CRV wins by a mile vs the MUX for me.

We were also choosing between the MUX 3.0 and the CRV 2.0S. The MUX has an advantage with its engine and 3rd row space, but the CRV just drove so much better, is far far more comfortable, and feels more premium so we ended up with that.

The 1.9 LS dealbreakers for me are the non adjustable steering column paired with no seat adjustment, absence of rear wiper and side mirror adjustment from the inside.

Would've happily traded the HU or the LED headlamps for those. Everything else can be upgraded naman.

I'm curious how fast you've run the 1.9 bro. How is it at top speed?
    Only did 160 kph with the MUX, though it probably only had about 10-20 kph left before running out of steam. It does fine anywhere between 0-120 as long as you're in boost, even on a full load. For 95% of drivers, the RZ4E would be more than adequate.

Not as much oomph as the 3.0 LSA or Montero but the torque makes quick work of overtaking and uphills. Kinda sluggish below boost (1.5k rpm) but all small-displacement turbos are like that.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by torps04 View Post

Thanks!
    Oo cross out mo sa list mo MUX, coz MUX is like old school Pajero or LCs. Medyo mabigat sya i-drive in the long run.

Even my Ranger is a better drive, considering Leaf springs ang likod neto pickup ko.

I think MUX is for the old Gen X’ers na gusto traditional SUVs na matigas ang pang-ilalim. Not the soft loving generation we have today.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ...anuyan!!
    PUJ?
    heh heh.
    LS is practically the successor to the Crosswind doc. Priced to compete with the Innova, sacrifices had to be made to cut cost.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    For roughly the same price, the CRV wins by a mile vs the MUX for me.

We were also choosing between the MUX 3.0 and the CRV 2.0S. The MUX has an advantage with its engine and 3rd row space, but the CRV just drove so much better, is far far more comfortable, and feels more premium so we ended up with that.

Only did 160 kph with the MUX, though it probably only had about 10-20 kph left before running out of steam. It does fine anywhere between 0-120 as long as you're in boost, even on a full load. For 95% of drivers, the RZ4E would be more than adequate.

Not as much oomph as the 3.0 LSA or Montero but the torque makes quick work of overtaking and uphills. Kinda sluggish below boost (1.5k rpm) but all small-displacement turbos are like that.

Storage space is the only problem I have with the CR-V. We're not a family that can pack light.

CUV packaging, ride and handling are definitely a step up from any PPV. It's just that PPVs provide midsize space at compact CUV FC and prices.

I'd probably go for the CX-8 if it had the Skyactive diesel. Would make a fun yet practical family car.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast