New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2015
    Hi guys,

I'm planning to get toyota innova touring sport, pero bigla ko nakita price ng Mu-X RZ4E which is almost the same with the innova (1.3M++).

Which do you think ang mas better choice? Considering na both entry level sila.
    I know meron magsasabi dito na we should not compare them since they're on different category, pero ang main use ko kasi kung sino man ang bibilhin ko, is for family. To travel 4-7 people on weekends.

Though, innova has 2.8 under the hood, while mux has 1.9

I'm just considering kung saan mas sulit or value for money.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by torps04 View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm planning to get toyota innova touring sport, pero bigla ko nakita price ng Mu-X RZ4E which is almost the same with the innova (1.3M++).

Which do you think ang mas better choice? Considering na both entry level sila.
    I know meron magsasabi dito na we should not compare them since they're on different category, pero ang main use ko kasi kung sino man ang bibilhin ko, is for family. To travel 4-7 people on weekends.

I'm just considering kung saan mas sulit or value for money.

Thanks!
    "test-drive".
    also, if car size is a premium in your route, dahil makitid ang esquenitas and maliit ang home and/or workplace garage, compare the vehicles' external dimensions and turning circles.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 10th, 2020 at 10:05 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Innova for me, it's the more practical choice.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by torps04 View Post
    !
    if both engines have similar output, the larger engine would probably be less stressed than the smaller engine.
    my opinion.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if both engines have similar output, the larger engine would probably be less stressed than the smaller engine.
    my opinion.
    With proper turbocharging and better internals, it changes things. Gone are the days where mere displacement defines engine outputs.

In the case of the new Innova, you get value for it having the 2.8L turbo diesel. The same engine is used on the TOTL Fortuner for a lot more money.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    With proper turbocharging and better internals, it changes things. Gone are the days where mere displacement defines engine outputs.

In the case of the new Innova, you get value for it having the 2.8L turbo diesel. The same engine is used on the TOTL Fortuner for a lot more money.
    so which engine is stressed more, the innova, or the mux?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    so which engine is stressed more, the innova, or the mux?
    I find no reason for Isuzu's 1.9L yurbo diesel to be that stressed at its normal operation for its size. The engine is good enough at its rated output of 150PS at 3600 rpm, 320Nm from 1800-2600 rpm. Most people would just be driving at rpms between the peak torque of that engine and these drivers ain't going to be like redlining the engine most of the time.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Mux advantages:
    - porma (subjective)

Innova advantages:
    - seating capacity (8 vs 7)
    - luggage space (ang liit nung luggage space ng Mux kapag may nakaupo sa 3rd row. see for yourself)

I can't compare fuel consumption, power and ride quality because I only drive the Mux.

9. Join Date
    May 2016
    Innova has a punchy 2.8 diesel which doesn't lose a breath fully loaded. Third row allows 3 passengers with a middle seatbelt. Tilt/telescopic steering setup in the Innova allows an ergonomic driving position.

Mu-x has better ground clearance and flood-wading capability, not by much though. Has that SUV stance, but the base 1.9 Mu-x looks too bare bones which sort of negates this advantage. The 1.9 diesel is just adequate if loaded in full. Still no replacement for displacement.

Just note, base Mu-x does not have power-adjustable side mirrors, and rear windshield wiper. These can't easily be added aftermarket.

If you really want the Mu-x, better go for the 3.0 LS, which can be had for 1.5M+ after discounts.

If I were you, I'd take the Innova. I feel the 2.8 E offers the best value for any vehicle you can buy today.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Innova. lamang lang talaga ng Mu-x is the SUV image pero sobrang bare to the bones. di man lang sliding yung 2nd row seats.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast