New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Yes i know.. but compared to korean diesels.. mas tahimik yan compared sa toyota diesel.. clattery pa din naman yun GD engine.. tsaka yung sinasabi mong isuzu.. timing gear yun..
    Ohhhh. . . Pero si dmax daw po eh naka-timing chain sir

ISUZU:ISUZU D-MAX Powertrain

Was just reacting po with your comment comparing re toyota kd and gd engine noise. There wasn't any mention po of korean diesels

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoy123 View Post
    Ohhhh. . . Pero si dmax daw po eh naka-timing chain sir

ISUZU:ISUZU D-MAX Powertrain

Was just reacting po with your comment comparing re toyota kd and gd engine noise. There wasn't any mention po of korean diesels
    I believe what he meant was the 4JA1, which was gear driven.

But honestly, having driven a 2012 IPV with that engine, its not really that bad. Similar sound levels to any same era Japanese CRDi even.

The 2L in the Revo... Now that is loud. Can be heard from a block away. And its belt driven!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i believe the characteristic chatter of the revo diesel engine, and probably the other diesel engines as well, is caused by the fuel injector pump, and the higher pressure gradients unique to diesels.
    i am not sure if the belt versus chain, contribute much, in the noise dept.

e.g.,
    my sentra had chain, and it was one of the quietest engines around. if i did not touch the fender to feel the vibration, i would have thought the engine was not running.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 21st, 2019 at 12:43 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i believe the characteristic chatter of the revo diesel engine, and probably the other diesel engines as well, is caused by the fuel injector pump, and the higher pressure gradients unique to diesels.
    i am not sure if the belt versus chain, contribute much, in the noise dept.

e.g.,
    my sentra had chain, and it was one of the quietest engines around. if i did not touch the fender to feel the vibration, i would have thought the engine was not running.
    Ay. . ..may point exactly. . .not much on the technicalities though1q

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    hmmm... tough choice... BUT.

Ask the wife, is she ok with a 2nd hand vehicle?

Now for both Fortuners mentioned, 2017 model is tempting but I have to understand the owner's reason for selling a 2 year old car?

Are they leaving the Philippines for good? Upgrading to a better SUV? Any other reason, it's a no go for me.

2015 Fort looks ok as I personally know people who follows a 4-5 year cycle for cars.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    If you know how to invest properly and patiently, you can always just take the financing option of the cheaper brand new car. Make money by investing the principal wisely (instead of paying in cash), pay your monthly car payments, then have some left over as earnings.

You can then buy brand new car that you want as soon as you earn the money for it.

I think money markets right now are at about 11% over 6 years while the stock market has nearly doubled since 2012. Not a bad time to invest, actually.

Btw, buying a car is not an "investment". It it money gone.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post

Btw, buying a car is not an "investment". It it money gone.
    It "can" be an investment! Do you remember this?
    Q: A second hand higher Class Car or a Brand New lower Class Car?

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...5-million.html

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post

Dream on!

At walang basagan ng trip!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post

but how much did the howner spend to get the car to where it is, now?

is it possible, owner could have made more than that, had he invested his money elsewhere?

i have a feeling, he doesn't want to sell it, hence the outrageous asking price.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Dream on!

At walang basagan ng trip!
    Yes, in my dreams I might buy that car.
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    but how much did the howner spend to get the car to where it is, now?

is it possible, owner could have made more than that, had he invested his money elsewhere?

i have a feeling, he doesn't want to sell it, hence the outrageous asking price.
    I've heard from someone when​ selling too high, that is the kind of price you don't want to sell.

When asking for a bid too low, the discount you're asking is the kind of price you don't want to pay.

I also read an argument about that car, defending the price. He said that you may have all the money to buy everything but if what you want is nowhere to found, the money is useless. So he is saying that this car is really a "steal". A car not for everyone.

I just wonder if the guy bought it or he is just a fanatic.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast