New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hello Fellow Tsikoteer,

I am quite on a dilemma right now since I am planning to replace my old reliable car. My problem is I am torn between buying a second hand or a brand new car. I specifically narrowed my choices between this three.

2015 Toyota Fortuner V 2.5 AT 4x2 - 900k top of the line with all the bells and whistle for this variant

2017 Toyota Fortuner G 2.4 AT 4x2 - 1.050M mid variant or base variant.

or buy a..

2019 brand new Brv/Rush/Xpander

My budget is Max out at 1.1M for a Family car..

Hope you can help me decide which is a better buy. I am planning to keep it the same time I kept my old car which is about 10 years.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carscout View Post
    Hello Fellow Tsikoteer,

I am quite on a dilemma right now since I am planning to replace my old reliable car. My problem is I am torn between buying a second hand or a brand new car. I specifically narrowed my choices between this three.

2015 Toyota Fortuner V 2.5 AT 4x2 - 900k top of the line with all the bells and whistle for this variant

or buy a..

2019 brand new Brv/Rush/Xpander

My budget is Max out at 1.1M for a Family car..

Hope you can help me decide which is a better buy. I am planning to keep it the same time I kept my old car which is about 10 years.

Thanks
    Definitely the 2017 Fortuner. I think there is very little that the 2015 2.5V has that the 2017 2.4G does not have. All I can think of at the moment is leather seats. Of course if this was the 3.0V, I might give it a bit more thought.

For me, 2017 Fort over brand new BRV/Rush/Xpander anytime. After 10 years, the Fortuner will definitely have higher resale value still than those entry level MPVs.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Definitely the 2017 Fortuner. I think there is very little that the 2015 2.5V has that the 2017 2.4G does not have. All I can think of at the moment is leather seats. Of course if this was the 3.0V, I might give it a bit more thought.

For me, 2017 Fort over brand new BRV/Rush/Xpander anytime. After 10 years, the Fortuner will definitely have higher resale value still than those entry level MPVs.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    My thought exactly considering that the Fortuner is a class above the MPVs I mentioned even if they are brand new. The thing is I am still trying to convince my wife as she prefers to get the brand new vehicle. She says nothing beats a brand new car and is worried about warranty. All of our vehicles ever since was bought second hand, last of which was the 04 Civic 2.0.

Thank you for the input. I only considered the 2015 Fort since I am quite beholden to its classic design which seems to age better than the new Fortuner design.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carscout View Post
    My thought exactly considering that the Fortuner is a class above the MPVs I mentioned even if they are brand new. The thing is I am still trying to convince my wife as she prefers to get the brand new vehicle. She says nothing beats a brand new car and is worried about warranty. All of our vehicles ever since was bought second hand, last of which was the 04 Civic 2.0.

Thank you for the input. I only considered the 2015 Fort since I am quite beholden to its classic design which seems to age better than the new Fortuner design.
    Agree with regards to the old Fort's design. But the big improvements in powertrain are hard to ignore. Besides, your wife may be more amenable to the 2017 Fort, especially since it is still a current model, and will be for many years yet. If you are lucky, you may find that the 2017 Fort is casa maintained and still under warranty. But even if its not, I believe any major issues the car may have should have popped up by now.

Through the years, most of our cars are also bought used. Currently, our daily drivers are a 1997 Granvia (2016) and a 2007 Santa Fe (2017), so I am very familiar with the hassle of having to fix something every other month or so. [emoji28] But then as of yet there is no budget for multiple brand new vehicles, so we'd have to make do for now.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Nothing beats brand new thats correct BUT your considering a 2017 Fortuner which is a very capable vehicle. Coupled with Toyota reliability and ease or procuring parts it unfortunately outclasses the brand new BRV/Expander.

Given thesame argument of reliability etc can be said about the 2015 Fort, the difference between the old and new fort are substantial. Dont mind the bells and whistles of the totl 2015 fort, those are not really essential. Most of what you need are already on the 2017 fort.

My vote goes to the Fort 2017.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Id go for the Fortuner 2017 as well.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004

It's possible that the price of this model is 1.5M instead of 1.05M ... Toyota diesel SUVs have high resale value ...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    from the point of view of ordinary owners, buy brand new.
    from the point of view of economists, buying slightly used, takes care of the initial steep depreciation.

unless there us something in the various fort models that one wants to avoid...
    btw, does that V mean, captain seats at the second row and therefore, one less passenger? that might be something buyer should be interested in.

everything else being equal, i'd get the newer unit.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 18th, 2019 at 08:44 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    +1 on the Fort 2017

I would suggest that you look into other brands and different models that would fit your budget.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    If you pick 2015 Fortuner, Get the 3.0v Variant not the 2.5V

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast