New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Good evening tsikoters!

I'm planning to sell my civic vti 96 manual, and will change to a 4x2/4x4 ride or a sedan with decent looks..Considering i'm in the province some road here are not that good..
    My budget is between 200-220k. I need your inputs on what ride can my budget afford?

My options are: The Suzuki Vitara, Lancer (probably pizza pie pataas na model), and the civic vti-s my relative is selling for 250k but has some wiring problems..

Any ideas on what car fits my budget and inputs on the car the you will suggest! thanks! More power tsikot!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ahe. I'd say stick with your VTi. Cause among your choices, the VTi-S is really the best bet however with all the wiring problems said I'm already quite skeptical if it was maintained properly making me leave choosing nothing but what you have right now.

Regarding the lancer, forget it. With all the infamous suspension problems, you wouldn't really want to own one especially with the roads you'll be trekking. The Vitara, is well, .... a Vitara. :hysterical: Kidding. Most Vitaras are automatics, and personally I wouldn't want to own a 14-15 year old second hand vehicle that's an automatic. Especially if the previous owner is not within your circle of friends/family.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Ahe. I'd say stick with your VTi. Cause among your choices, the VTi-S is really the best bet however with all the wiring problems said I'm already quite skeptical if it was maintained properly making me leave choosing nothing but what you have right now.

Regarding the lancer, forget it. With all the /.infamous suspension problems, you wouldn't really want to own one especially with the roads you'll be trekking. The Vitara, is well, .... a Vitara. :hysterical: Kidding. Most Vitaras are automatics, and personally I wouldn't want to own a 14-15 year old second hand vehicle that's an automatic. Especially if the previous owner is not within your circle of friends/family.
    Thanks for the input renzo, maybe a toyota? lol but not the big body. Or a sentra? What do you think, let's just say i wanna let go of my vti and find a more younger car model. TIA

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Probably a Nissan would suit you best. Stay away from Hondas, Toyotas or any car maker who has a horrendous resale value for that matter. I'd suggest the Nissan Exalta STA. Jampacked with features ! And it has a moonroof to boot too. You could get a decent one with your budget, if not ... a little stretching to 250k would do the trick.

- you could get a digital gauge that was originally seen on a particular Nissan model for bragging purposes. hehe

Yep, his plates does say HOW LOW CAN YOU GO ...

Ohwell, stock height would do for you though. Hehehe.

P.S. forget the grandeur, it's ugly. LOL.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Probably a Nissan would suit you best. Stay away from Hondas, Toyotas or any car maker who has a horrendous resale value for that matter. I'd suggest the Nissan Exalta STA. Jampacked with features ! And it has a moonroof to boot too. You could get a decent one with your budget, if not ... a little stretching to 250k would do the trick.

- you could get a digital gauge that was originally seen on a particular Nissan model for bragging purposes. hehe

Yep, his plates does say HOW LOW CAN YOU GO ...

Ohwell, stock height would do for you though. Hehehe.

P.S. forget the grandeur, it's ugly. LOL.
    I was thinking of that too! Lol, But i won't be lowering it, Stock height will do, i had enough on lowered rides, and i had enough on Honda's Maintenance. lol, What about a baby altis or lovelife? Any inputs on this car?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I've searched some exalta STA on the net, most of them are AT, or all of them? As much as possible i prefer M/T with a soft clutch like my ek, to lessen the strain on my left operated knee.. And i'm considering a car which is maintenance wise and ride comfort with higher resale value because i will be selling the car in the future when my time to go abroad comes..TIA!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    AFAIK, lahat ng exalta automatic. Retain mo nalang yung ek mo. Or swap mo nalang sa ES na civic. Mas ok kasi saakin yung ES kaysa sa EK sa ride comfort. Pero maintainance-wise, i think pareho lang sila.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    If the roads where you live aren't good, and you can't swap up to an SUV due to budget constraints, I'd say - keep the car. At least yung EK mo alam mo yung running condition niya. When you swap the car with something of the same value, you *may* actually have to spend more due to unforseen problems.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by silverworx View Post
    I've searched some exalta STA on the net, most of them are AT, or all of them? As much as possible i prefer M/T with a soft clutch like my ek, to lessen the strain on my left operated knee.. And i'm considering a car which is maintenance wise and ride comfort with higher resale value because i will be selling the car in the future when my time to go abroad comes..TIA!
    The lovelife corolla has a soft clutch.

as far as i know, may M/T na 1.6GLi

wala sa baby altis ( 1.8L SE-G : 7AFE engine )

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Exalta is OK. If you prefer manuals, look for the SLA variant which does not have the moonroof. But the Exalta is said to have poor handling and performance as compared with even its pre-facelift Sentra models which have different suspension tuning and lesser weight. If you can live with the inferior performance as compared to your EK Civic, then go for it, just make sure there are no electrical gremlins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Planning on swapping/selling my car,, need inputs..