New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Good Morning,

We are planning to buy a sedan or SUV. We need a Comfortable, fuel efficient and spacious car for everyday.
    I'm eyeing the Nissan Sylphy,Toyota Altis , Isuzu Mu-x.
    I already crossed out the mazda 3 since the review says it has a cramped 2nd row seats
    Budget is aroung 900k- 1.4 million
    Thanks tsikot

2. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Whenever budget permits, I would always go for a diesel powered CUV or SUV.
    I believe these are better suited for local road conditions.
    The montero fits all your requirements.
    And based on the number of montero owners on the road, I know many share my sentiment.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post
    Whenever budget permits, I would always go for a diesel powered CUV or SUV.
    I believe these are better suited for local road conditions.
    The montero fits all your requirements.
    And based on the number of montero owners on the road, I know many share my sentiment.
    Thanks! the montero is a bargain and value for money, but there are too many monteros out there and I heard the new Montero is just out of the corner

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    There might still be some units left of the Kia Sorento LX FWD CRDi (5-seater) in some dealers. It is priced at around 1.3M before. It offers ample interior space and a potent 2.2L CRDi engine (same as the Santa Fe). If you prefer ladder-frame SUVs, the 4x2 models of the MS/MU-X/Fort/TB/Everest are all within your budget. If you prefer a petrol-powered CUV that can seat 5 adults and 2 kids, the new Nissan Xtrail 4x2 is priced around 1.3M.

If you really want a comfortable ride for 1.4M, then go midsize with a Kia Optima. It may not be that fuel efficient but no compact or CUV or ladder-frame SUV will beat the ride and comfort of a midsize car.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    There might still be some units left of the Kia Sorento LX FWD CRDi (5-seater) in some dealers. It is priced at around 1.3M before. It offers ample interior space and a potent 2.2L CRDi engine (same as the Santa Fe). If you prefer ladder-frame SUVs, the 4x2 models of the MS/MU-X/Fort/TB/Everest are all within your budget. If you prefer a petrol-powered CUV that can seat 5 adults and 2 kids, the new Nissan Xtrail 4x2 is priced around 1.3M.

If you really want a comfortable ride for 1.4M, then go midsize with a Kia Optima. It may not be that fuel efficient but no compact or CUV or ladder-frame SUV will beat the ride and comfort of a midsize car.
    Thanks for the suggestion sir egan!
    I will check out those cars you mentioned.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    How many will you be usually carrying?

The Altis is spacious enough for 5, and it's definitely comfortable and fuel efficient. At 1M for the V variant, it fits your budget perfectly without having to stretch it. I generally believe that you should go for the cheapest car that fits your needs and wants.

Even if a Fortuner/Montero is more fuel efficient (it isn't - they both just get 8-9 km/L in city driving, but diesel is cheaper), it still costs several hundred thousand more than the Altis. Unless you need the ruggedness of a ladder-frame SUV, then it's not worth it. A Montero/Fort is definitely a better all-rounder, but since you already have several SUVs, a sedan will be more comfortable extra ride.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014

kung may sapat ka naman na budget, better to buy toyota fortuner o trailblazer/duramax ng chevrolet. magaganda klase suv yan.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

kung may sapat ka naman na budget, better to buy toyota fortuner o trailblazer/duramax ng chevrolet. magaganda klase suv yan.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    How many will you be usually carrying?

The Altis is spacious enough for 5, and it's definitely comfortable and fuel efficient. At 1M for the V variant, it fits your budget perfectly without having to stretch it. I generally believe that you should go for the cheapest car that fits your needs and wants.

Even if a Fortuner/Montero is more fuel efficient (it isn't - they both just get 8-9 km/L in city driving, but diesel is cheaper), it still costs several hundred thousand more than the Altis. Unless you need the ruggedness of a ladder-frame SUV, then it's not worth it. A Montero/Fort is definitely a better all-rounder, but since you already have several SUVs, a sedan will be more comfortable extra ride.
    Thanks bro jut!
    Around 4 on weekends and it will be driver driven on weekdays.
    What is the FC of your altis, does it come with a touchscreen HU?
    For the Altis I think the 1.6 g m/t is worth it already * 879k pesos

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    We are on the same boat but my choice is left between M3 2.0R & HRV EL. Told my SAs, kung sino ang mauna makapagprovide, i'll grab it.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Advent 04 View Post

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks I will keep that in mind =)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast