New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Does the Sylphy feels underpowered for the 1.6 engine with 116 hp and 156nm og torque?
    And what is the FC of the 1.6 cvt. Puro 1.8 cvt mga reviews online eh
    If you think a 1.6L engine rated at 116hp/154Nm is underpowered for something like 1200kg, the Altis 1.6V (same weight) has a 1.6L engine rated at 122hp/154Nm while the Mazda3 1.5V (same weight) is only rated at 112hp/144Nm. I guess most compact cars with engines of 1.6L-1.8L displacements are about the same in power-to-weight ratios nowadays with the Civic 1.8S providing the best figures in such a category (141hp/173Nm). However, somebody wrote in TopGearPH that for such cars, the tranny gearing plays a big factor in how power is delivered so it is a must to test drive such cars to find out which suits your driving style best.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Some people are just in denial, Nissan brand really sucks here. Even Mitsubishi (which isn't that great either) is doing better.
    Yulon did a great job ruining the Nissan brand name out here in the country. While the US and Japan get a lot of cool Nissan/Infiniti models, we were stuck with lame models for more than a decade. Let's hope Nissan Japan (now managing RP) will do a better job of rebuilding the Nissan brand name locally.
    Last edited by Egan101; July 6th, 2015 at 11:34 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Aside from outright horsepower and power to weight ratios, the powerband of a car is also an important factor to consider.

The FD 1.8 has a better power to weight ratio than the current Altis 1.6, but off the line, the Altis feels much peppier because it has more low-end power, which is more felt by majority of drivers. Past 5000 rpm though, the Civic finds second wind and goes like a rocket until its 7000 rpm redline, while the Altis is more linear.

You'll only really know its how its paper specs fare in real life if you've driven the car, which is why test drives are very important. What ticks me is that dealers don't like you driving their cars at high speeds during test drives - eh pag slow city driving naman, you won't really appreciate any performance differences.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I find Toyota and Nissan small engines offer better low end torque compared to Honda's small engines. I say small engines as I find most Accords to provide a good amount of low end power & torque compared to Honda compacts and subcompacts. To get more kick out of these small Honda engines, you need to push it to its VTEC stages as anything 2k rpm or lower, they are lethargic and lacks punch.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I think the road is going to the MUX

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    good choice

6. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Some people are just in denial, Nissan brand really sucks here. Even Mitsubishi (which isn't that great either) is doing better.
    I agree! I never liked Nissan.
    I prefer Toyota and Mazda.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    This Thread have been very helpful I got the 3.0 LS-A Mux last March

Thanks!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234