New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Mak Letran View Post
    when do you change the cvt fluid ba? last maintenance niya sa casa was May of this year.
    Sa Honda City ko dati every 3 years or 60000Km. Pero hindi CVT yun. Better check the manual.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    will have to track down the service receipts to check if napalitan na nung 2nd year, if wala pa might have to drop by na lang sa CASA to have it replaced. Thanks everyone!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    As I remember with my previous Honda, the schedule for maintenance is in the manual booklet. That’s true... Wag tipirin pag palit ng CVT fluid, it’ll significantly help extend the life of the transmission.
    I saw the invoice of his PMS invoice last year, meron CVTF na 325ML, is that the one na?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I saw the invoice of his PMS invoice last year, meron CVTF na 325ML, is that the one na?
    325ml lang? I think CVT fluid replacement comes in liters. Baka top up lang yan.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    325ml lang? I think CVT fluid replacement comes in liters. Baka top up lang yan.
    Yes bro, might be because of the low mileage?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Yes bro, might be because of the low mileage?
    🤔

If it were me I’d follow what’s stated in the manual, regardless of the mileage. Di ko alam kung 2 years o 3 years din ba sa CVT sa Honda.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    🤔

If it were me I’d follow what’s stated in the manual, regardless of the mileage. Di ko alam kung 2 years o 3 years din ba sa CVT sa Honda.
    manual is good.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Change the CVT at 40T kms or whatever kms is in the manual ... the owner is an expat ... it's rarely used ... some people are just paranoid ...

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    That is too small a volume for cvtf replacement. I cant recall the amount though, dont have service records with me.

And i can tell you Honda, at least quezon avenue branch, really recommends the 2 year interval, regardless of mileage. Honda estimates 10k kms every 6 mos interval, so per that guide, it is 40k in 2 years.

I wouldnt say advising to change now is about paranoia but peace of mind and start the cycle over for your own determination (mileage or time interval) about cvtf replacement thereafter.

First honda cvt change, we were not yet 40k kms, but it was showing some performance issues after 4 years. Back then, honda didnt have the strict recommendation of 2 year interval yet.

That 11 year old honda is still with us daily driven by my brother now, though we dont follow the 2 year rule, we owned it since new. And when i have the chance to drive it, i notice when there is a difference in how it used to perform so we are able to decide for ourselves the cvtf replacement if already due.

Since the car is acquired second hand, there wont be a similar ooportunity to compare a degredation in performance.

Thats my opinion. And congrats to your new ride.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Change the CVT at 40T kms or whatever kms is in the manual ... the owner is an expat ... it's rarely used ... some people are just paranoid ...
    2016 pa yung sasakyan. 2019 na ngayon. 3 years na. No, it is not paranoia. It’s called preventive maintenance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123