New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Pajero has no computer box. Very simple design, can be serviced without needing specialized equipment, lots of parts anywhere. Also less bulky than the Patrol, while still seating just as many people.

Ever considered the 90 series Prado?

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk
    The ones I see are V6 petrols. I'll give it a look-see din

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    The ones I see are V6 petrols. I'll give it a look-see din
    Yes, the V6s are dirt cheap. Great if you don't mind the FC. The 1KZ however is a gem. I would even mind if it was a Japan surplus Prado. For as long as the steering rack was replaced with an LHD equivalent, it will drive just as well as a local unit.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Yes, the V6s are dirt cheap. Great if you don't mind the FC. The 1KZ however is a gem. I would even mind if it was a Japan surplus Prado. For as long as the steering rack was replaced with an LHD equivalent, it will drive just as well as a local unit.

1KZ[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Personally, i'll take the Pajero FM over the Patrol.

It's more of a personal choice kasi the patrol is way better in terms of space, power, and road presence.

But if you want parts availability and cheaper maintenance cost, mas readily available ang parts ng Pajero.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004

I don't really mind the FCs, naka-ilang Cefiro na din ako and recently acquired a 3.0 V6 Tribute as a weekend plaything lol

Issue kasi si Kumander. She dislikes the FC of V6s, and we rarely use my personal cars for daily commuting. Right now we use the most boring car in the history of the world: a 2007 Altis. Plano ko sana idispatcha na yung Altis at palitan ng diesel SUV na may road presence naman so she feels extra safe pag sya lang mag isa. Happy wife, happy life ika-nga ni Matteo lolz. Kung ako lang titira ako ng Expy napaka-mura na lang at garantisadong low mileage.

Anyway, thanks for your responses, may mga tinitgnan nako na mga FM sa FB marketplace. Lalayo lang ng units. Maybe this weekend pasyal ako dun sa mga carshop sa EDSA.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I don't really mind the FCs, naka-ilang Cefiro na din ako and recently acquired a 3.0 V6 Tribute as a weekend plaything lol

Issue kasi si Kumander. She dislikes the FC of V6s, and we rarely use my personal cars for daily commuting. Right now we use the most boring car in the history of the world: a 2007 Altis. Plano ko sana idispatcha na yung Altis at palitan ng diesel SUV na may road presence naman so she feels extra safe pag sya lang mag isa. Happy wife, happy life ika-nga ni Matteo lolz. Kung ako lang titira ako ng Expy napaka-mura na lang at garantisadong low mileage.

Anyway, thanks for your responses, may mga tinitgnan nako na mga FM sa FB marketplace. Lalayo lang ng units. Maybe this weekend pasyal ako dun sa mga carshop sa EDSA.
    We used to have a 2006 Tribute 2.3. Body and suspension were solidly built. Engine had decent power but gave me a dismal 4km/L city. Transmission was kinda stupid, especially when compared to the 2005 Accord we also had at the time.

We have a 1997 Granvia 3.0D. Same engine as the Prado. After the initial repairs that mostly had to do with substandard conversion like steering, front suspension and aircon, it turned out to have the cheapest maintenance cost among all the cars that we currently have, the next oldest being a good 10 years older. [emoji23] In terms of performance, can still keep pace with modern commonrails upto about 130, with absolutely no smoke belching. My father was more willing to sell the 2010 Carnival than let go of this one! [emoji1787]

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008

May car dealer here sa loob ng bf las pinas ( nasa house nya). may naka display sya 2 fm pajero tsaka may land cruiser prado.. looks like mga year 2000 model based on their plates

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    We used to have a 2006 Tribute 2.3. Body and suspension were solidly built. Engine had decent power but gave me a dismal 4km/L city. Transmission was kinda stupid, especially when compared to the 2005 Accord we also had at the time.
    +1000!

We had basically the same car, a 2006 Escape 2.3. The transmission has a way of always being in the wrong gear, all the time. Like pag mag set off ka mataas masyado gear. Trying to speed up or overtake you give it more throttle, pero ang bagal ng kickdown, so the car will already have gotten some speed that a kickdown isn't necessary anymore, pero it's at that exact time that it will kick down and now you're revving almost at redline. Throttle is terrible too. Yung cable nya feels like a bungee cord where nothing happens when you step on it, so you have to step harder and all of a sudden all of that throttle gets dumped on you all at once.

Absolute piece of **** na minsan mas gusto ko pa mag lakad or mag commute rather than take the Escape. At least malamig aircon.

Sorry TS for the OT rant.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004

We have a 1997 Granvia 3.0D. Same engine as the Prado. After the initial repairs that mostly had to do with substandard conversion like steering, front suspension and aircon, it turned out to have the cheapest maintenance cost among all the cars that we currently have, the next oldest being a good 10 years older. [emoji23] In terms of performance, can still keep pace with modern commonrails upto about 130, with absolutely no smoke belching. My father was more willing to sell the 2010 Carnival than let go of this one! [emoji1787]

This is me. I'd rather gastos (invest?) now to ensure reliability than to suffer breaking down in the middle of nowhere. I got kids for chrissake... kawawa sila pag nastranded kami.

I get the same FC sa 3.0 Tribute ko, that's odd. I imagined the 2.3 getting Altis FCs, lol. Not so different after all pala. So much power I cruise at 130 * 1500RPM and the little car seems to be able to do it all day.

Kulang na lang dito 4wd eh, tsaka 3rd row jumpseats legit Pajero killer na sya.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    +1000!

We had basically the same car, a 2006 Escape 2.3. The transmission has a way of always being in the wrong gear, all the time. Like pag mag set off ka mataas masyado gear. Trying to speed up or overtake you give it more throttle, pero ang bagal ng kickdown, so the car will already have gotten some speed that a kickdown isn't necessary anymore, pero it's at that exact time that it will kick down and now you're revving almost at redline. Throttle is terrible too. Yung cable nya feels like a bungee cord where nothing happens when you step on it, so you have to step harder and all of a sudden all of that throttle gets dumped on you all at once.

Absolute piece of **** na minsan mas gusto ko pa mag lakad or mag commute rather than take the Escape. At least malamig aircon.

Sorry TS for the OT rant.
    Typical Ford transmissions... clueless. Sa US daw they use it pa to tow boats (3.0 Duratecs), pero after 60K miles sabog tranny.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast